Photo Mechanic > Feature Requests

"Default" setting for transmitting photos

(1/2) > >>

Eric:
I know that this has been asked in one form or another but I'm going to ask again. I would LOVE to see a way to tick off a check box to set a 'default' method & account for transmitting photos.  Every time I fire up PM uploading defaults to FTP. It would be nice to be able to default to some other method (Photoshelter for example) and to a particular account within that upload method. I've come painfully close to dumping material to a major news wire that would not be amused to have to go in and 'kill' 300 images let alone have those images stream to subscribers before they could be killed.

Kirk Baker:
Eric,

--- Quote from: Eric on June 14, 2017, 09:32:32 AM ---I know that this has been asked in one form or another but I'm going to ask again. I would LOVE to see a way to tick off a check box to set a 'default' method & account for transmitting photos.  Every time I fire up PM uploading defaults to FTP. It would be nice to be able to default to some other method (Photoshelter for example) and to a particular account within that upload method. I've come painfully close to dumping material to a major news wire that would not be amused to have to go in and 'kill' 300 images let alone have those images stream to subscribers before they could be killed.

--- End quote ---

There are two different commands for uploading.  One always brings up the FTP Uploader.  The other brings up what was last used.

If you use the "Upload..." command instead of the "FTP Photos as..." command, and set it to use Photoshelter, then it should always default to using Photoshelter when you use the "Upload..." command.

Does this not suffice?  Do you experience different behavior when you use the "Upload..." command?

-Kirk

Eric:
I am not aware of multiple ways to upload. In my workflow it has always been ctrl-u to start the upload.

Kirk Baker:
http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#File_Menu_.28OS_X.29
http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#File_Menu_.28Win.29

Look for the non-FTP upload command. ⌘-Ctrl-u on macOS, Ctrl-Alt-u on Windows.

-Kirk

tommygrealy:
Would be nice if "Ctrl+u" / "Cmd+U" were configurable to default to whatever I choose. I understand that ctrl U is the shortcut for "FTP Photos As" but I am so used to using it now that sometimes when I should be pressing ctrl+cmd+u to select an alternative to FTP, I accidentally just do "cmd + u" and hit send before Ive realised my mistake. And as silly as it sounds, its just alot less finger stretchy to do to do cmd+u vs ctrl+cmd+u

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version