Author Topic: luminar file format support  (Read 3422 times)

Offline mcasan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
luminar file format support
« on: June 19, 2017, 08:59:47 PM »
If I select Luminar as my editor for my raw files, PM does invoke Luminar which opens my Olympus raw file without problem.   If I edit the raw file in Luminar and save it back to the same folder where the original ORF raw file is stored, PM does not seem to acknowledge the Luminar file exists.   MacOS Finder both seems the file and also shows the embedded jpg preview.   

How can i get PM to recognize the Luminar file and show the embedded jpg preview?   This is the same concept as support for PSD or other file formats for processed raw images.

Olympus E-M1 II & Pro lenses

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: luminar file format support
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 10:07:16 PM »
If I select Luminar as my editor for my raw files, PM does invoke Luminar which opens my Olympus raw file without problem.   If I edit the raw file in Luminar and save it back to the same folder where the original ORF raw file is stored, PM does not seem to acknowledge the Luminar file exists.   MacOS Finder both seems the file and also shows the embedded jpg preview.   

How can i get PM to recognize the Luminar file and show the embedded jpg preview?   This is the same concept as support for PSD or other file formats for processed raw images.

PM does not support files produced by Luminar at this time.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: luminar file format support
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 09:08:57 AM »
I have searched for documentation of their file format more than once without success.  If you want PM (and other applications) to support previewing their format then they will have to document their format.  We don't have the resources to reverse-engineer their file format.

-Kirk