Author Topic: Color managment problem with LUT and Curves ICM  (Read 2285 times)

Offline sabink

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Color managment problem with LUT and Curves ICM
« on: June 28, 2017, 12:17:04 PM »
Hello,

I use several programs in my workflow and I have problem with Photo Mechanic not displaying correct gamma/colors when I use more advanced icm files with XYZ LUT+Matrix or 3xCurves+Matrix. For some reason PM is crushing dark tones when using. Photoshop and Firefox display correctly the image.

Here are the programs I tested:

XYZ LUT NOT OK: SilkyPix DPS 8, FastPictureViewer, PhotoMechanic
XYZ LUT OK: Photoshop, Firefox, CaptureOne

3xCurves NOT OK: PhotoMecanic
3xCurves OK: All the rest.

PM version 5.0 build 18610
Windows 10 x64 on dual xeon
Nvidia Quadro 4000

ICM Profiles are created with DisplayCal 3.3.1
I reported the problem to the creator of DisplayCal 3.3.1 and after he reviewed my problem came to the conclusion that there is a problem in PM, so I'm contacting you. Here is a link to that topic: https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/crushed-dark-tones/

I'm attaching a screenshot of the problem with all the programs at one screen and the profiles in question.

Can you please load one by one this ICM files and check if tones will be different between PM and any of the other programs that work at your end.

Thanks,
Sabin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Color managment problem with LUT and Curves ICM
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 02:39:13 PM »
We'll look into it, but if the solution is complicated, then a fix will only be made in PM6 which uses a different color management system than PM5 does.

-Kirk