Author Topic: Error Installing PM5SetupR18729  (Read 4146 times)

Offline SportsOnFilm

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Error Installing PM5SetupR18729
« on: July 03, 2017, 07:18:36 AM »
When attempting to install the latest build, I get an "Access Denied" error on file Photo Mechanic.exe - I have tried to run the install as an administrator, and received the same error.

Offline SportsOnFilm

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Error Installing PM5SetupR18729
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 07:25:06 AM »
Just an FYI - I attempted to do a manual uninstall, and received the same error that I did not have permission to access the Photo Mechanic.exe file.  Is there a link to where I can download the previous version so I can have a working copy of PM?  I need it to work today.

Offline SportsOnFilm

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 07:34:23 AM »
I did find the download link for the previous version.  Ran into a security issue there as well, so I rebooted my PC, and then re-ran the install w/o an issue.  So, it seems it was something with Windows 10 on my end.

Offline pistolPete

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 11:19:50 AM »
I have a similar problem with build 18729 using macOS Sierra.  I did successfully download of build 18729 which opened normally.  But when I moved the app to the application folder and restarted PM the update was not there.  Instead the old build (18610) was still present.  I did this a number of times and always the update failed.

Any ideas?

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 01:56:40 PM »
I have a similar problem with build 18729 using macOS Sierra.  I did successfully download of build 18729 which opened normally.  But when I moved the app to the application folder and restarted PM the update was not there.  Instead the old build (18610) was still present.  I did this a number of times and always the update failed.

Any ideas?

Did you get asked for the admin password when moving PM to the application folder? If not, then the move simply didn't take place. Can you try again?
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline pistolPete

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 04:51:12 PM »
No.  I tried a number of times and never was asked for the admin password.  Any ideas as to how to make that happen? Is this a Mac Sierra problem?

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 11:07:18 PM »
If you don't get asked for your admin password when moving something into the applications folder, something looks off... have you tried moving another item to that folder? What happens then?
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl