Author Topic: Problems See Aperture  (Read 8332 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problems See Aperture
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 11:09:09 AM »
Si claro, por donde se lo mando ??

You can try to attach the DNG file here or upload it somewhere and provide a link to the file.  Or contact me privately for our FTP server info and you can upload it to us.

-Kirk

Offline louster1950

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 09:30:54 AM »
To be clear, I'm not an expert on this. I think the aperture you're seeing is just a guess by the Leica software. Maybe another Leica digital user can weigh in on this as I'm curious about this as well.

Offline dennis

• President
  • Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 04:33:27 PM »
Apparently the M9 is not always writing the standard Exif tags for aperture.  There are two standard Exif tags and neither are written into the DNG sample file you gave us.  I have a sample DNG from another source (ImagingResource.com) that DOES have these tags (both of them).  So I don't know if it is because of the firmware version of your M9, or if it is because of the lens you have attached.

I looked at Exiftool and it found a maker note tag "approximate F number" which they showed as 5.0.  If you open your photo in ACR, it says f/5.7.  So it looks like this 5.0 value is an APEX value which translates to f/5.6 (and rounded to 5.7 from 5.6569 which is the true aperture value).

I will be adding the ability to pick up this "approximate F number" tag in the next build.  In the meantime, I suggest you convert your M9 camera DNG files via Adobe's DNG Converter.  Set the preferences to create a full resolution preview, and then you will have all the metadata including a full resolution preview not a small preview at 320 pixels wide.

--dennis

Offline tomy5000ar

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2017, 06:11:34 AM »
Ayer instale el Converter y se soluciono !!! Muchisimas gracias a todos por ayudarme.

Abrazo