Author Topic: Date (year) not saving in IPTC  (Read 5863 times)

Offline Hhill

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Date (year) not saving in IPTC
« on: March 14, 2007, 03:30:51 AM »
Hello All,

I'm using the demo version 4.4.3.3 with a Mac OS 10.4.8 and have an issue with the year not saving.  I've worked through about a dozen files, adding IPTC in the Info window but just noticed the dates are saving OK but minus the year.  Each file is saved by using the 'save / arrow' and in the manual it states:

"No changes will be made to a file unless the OK button is pressed or either
of the Save arrows are used."

I see there's small pointers beneath the hour in time and year in date fields which I can't make out so, anything I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks.

Offline Hhill

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Date (year) not saving in IPTC
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 03:37:56 AM »
Actually, I've noticed the year entries are there when I click on the empty unsaved space.  I still don't understand this but nevertheless, I have my Years back. 

Kirk, what is the signifance of the arrow beneath each dd/mm/yyyy and why do the dates not display initially when you scroll back to a file in Info?

Thank you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 07:01:52 AM »
Actually, I've noticed the year entries are there when I click on the empty unsaved space.  I still don't understand this but nevertheless, I have my Years back. 

Kirk, what is the signifance of the arrow beneath each dd/mm/yyyy and why do the dates not display initially when you scroll back to a file in Info?

You may have found a bug.

The arrow beneath the date control shows you which field will be changed when you use the stepper arrows to the right of the control.

-Kirk

Offline Hhill

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 10:29:43 AM »
Kirk,

It's not a real issue, more disconcerting when you go backwards to re-check entries.  I've viewed the actual files in PS File Browser, outside of PM and they're intact. Only problem is the whole 4 digit year format is dropped in favour of the last two digits which means I have to find a way of re-formatting it for Corbis who need 4.

Rgds and thanks.