Author Topic: going back to contact sheet instead of next photo  (Read 3569 times)

Offline scannere

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
going back to contact sheet instead of next photo
« on: July 12, 2017, 12:42:28 PM »
Hi,  I am using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0 build number 18729 and windows 10 with an x64-base processor.  When I preview an image from the contact sheet and delete the image, it quits out of preview and goes back to the contact sheet.  I want it to stay in preview and advance to the next image. What setting do I need to change?  Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: going back to contact sheet instead of next photo
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 01:48:28 PM »
Hi,  I am using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0 build number 18729 and windows 10 with an x64-base processor.  When I preview an image from the contact sheet and delete the image, it quits out of preview and goes back to the contact sheet.  I want it to stay in preview and advance to the next image. What setting do I need to change?  Thanks

There is no setting that does that.  I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline scannere

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 06:27:46 AM »
Attached is the PM log zip file, the reason I asked this question is because my work computer (a mac pro with an earlier version of Photo Mechanics) does go to the next photo instead of back to the contact sheet making my work flow easier. Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 09:02:56 AM »
Attached is the PM log zip file, the reason I asked this question is because my work computer (a mac pro with an earlier version of Photo Mechanics) does go to the next photo instead of back to the contact sheet making my work flow easier. Thanks

Unfortunately there isn't anything in the log that indicates why this is happening to you.  For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]