Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Fuji XT-2 RAW files do not have jpg preview for rendering?

(1/3) > >>

fotobarone:
Hi guys, i recently switched from Canon 5D to Fuji XT-2 and i was used to shoot raw only, but unfortunately the Fuji raw files seem not to have the embedded jpg preview, like the Canon raw files have, then all i get is a 1920x1280 px file which is not enough when i need to zoom at 100% to check sharpness. I must then shoot raw+jpg to have the good 6000x4000 jpg file to evaluate it, but it's obviously not a good choice for the camera's buffer gets busy much sooner than shooting raw only, and also the hard disks are not happy... any solution out there?
Thanks

I use Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 18729 (fc44301) on MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) with MacOs Sierra. The cameras are updated to the latest firmware 2.10

Hayo Baan:
If there is no bigger preview available, a solution would be to convert the files to DNG (make sure you select to generate a full preview there, of course).

Hope this helps.

P.S. I am amazed that they do not include a full preview; what are they showing you at the back of the camera then? If that is a full preview, why not include that??? It baffles me what these manufacturers are sometimes thinking...

fotobarone:
Thanks Hayo, i will try your option.
I'm not sure how the jpg previous work inside the camera, but maybe its resolution is good enough for the camera's lcd, i don't know.
Anyway i would avoid making a second copy of each file i download, especially when i'm on a regatta and come back home every day with some 2/3.000 files from 2 bodies and need to hurry in order to finish the job day-by-day for 3/6 days. This would cost me an extra amount of time, you see.

fotobarone:
No suggestions at all..? Am i the only one facing this problem..?

olidie:
As far as I can tell from my Fuji X100F there are only small jpg files embedded. 1920*1280 in size. Like Hayo said there is only one way to get full size previews in PM and that is by shooting jpg+RAW. Another possible but time consuming way would be to convert all images to DNG and embed fullsize jpgs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version