Author Topic: Photo Mechanic 4.4.3 beta comments  (Read 121483 times)

Offline RobertE

• View Profile
Re: Photo Mechanic 4.4.3 beta comments
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2006, 05:30:01 PM »
Those of you who were having issues with the Navigator in the Windows version, please try all the things you expect a Windows Explorer tree view to be able to do and let us know if there is anything left to do or improve.

Hi Kirk,

I forgot to test the Navigator. Yes it is much improved and now seems reliable. Definitely something I'll be using more now. While Explorer can't do it, is there any chance PM can create sub-folders by right-clicking?

The preference for having single clicks open contact sheets has not been added and will likely have to wait until the next update version.

Good things come to those...

Thanks,

-- Robert.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2006, 05:37:08 PM »
Those of you who were having issues with the Navigator in the Windows version, please try all the things you expect a Windows Explorer tree view to be able to do and let us know if there is anything left to do or improve.
I forgot to test the Navigator. Yes it is much improved and now seems reliable. Definitely something I'll be using more now. While Explorer can't do it, is there any chance PM can create sub-folders by right-clicking?

If you right-click on the folder you want to create the subfolder within it, a contextual menu will appear.  On this menu is a submenu titled "Photo Mechanic" and if you move onto that submenu you'll see a menu item that will allow you to create a new folder.  (That one has been there since 4.4.0!)

Another cool thing that you can do with this version is right-click drag photos from a contact sheet into a Navigator folder and on the contextual menu that appears will be an item titled "Copy Options" which will bring up Photo Mechanic's Copy dialog with the destination folder already set to the folder you dropped the images onto.  Set up your copy parameters (rename, apply IPTC Stationery pad, etc.) and then click the Copy button and the copy will start without showing you a folder picker dialog.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Mike Sisk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2006, 05:38:05 PM »
I'm getting the can't save at high resolution error with 1D2N files, too. 20D RAW files work with "Save as..." though.

Mac OS X 10.4.6 on a PPC iMac.

-Mike

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2006, 05:49:18 PM »
I'm getting the can't save at high resolution error with 1D2N files, too. 20D RAW files work with "Save as..." though.

Could you send us a sample file?  Contact me privately for an FTP server to upload your images.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline jdemott

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2006, 08:00:44 PM »
All you folks who have PhotoShelter accounts:

Please test the new PhotoShelter upload feature and let us know what you think.

Thanks,

-Kirk

PhotoShelter upload works great, amazing feature.  I noticed you can only upload to the Archive, and can make public which is great, but one thing I'd like to be able to do is price the images as well.  In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to upload to a NEW archive, move it to a NEW gallery (or existing) and price it with an existing Pricing Profile. 

Right now I need to login, create a new Archive in a web browser, then upload to it in PM, then go back to the browser to price/move to a gallery.

Thanks,

-Jason

Offline RobertE

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2006, 08:09:11 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Quote from: Kirk Baker
On this menu is a submenu titled "Photo Mechanic" and if you move onto that submenu you'll see a menu item that will allow you to create a new folder.  (That one has been there since 4.4.0!)

Oops missed that one!

When I use this option PM doesn't give me an option to name the subfolder, and it just creates one called "New Folder". I then have to rename the subfolder.

If I delete folders they remain in the Navigator. I need to do a refresh (F5).

The "Copy Options" will save me lot of time with file management. Thanks for that it does help.

-- Robert.

Offline gferguson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2006, 09:11:55 PM »
Hi Kirk,

In the preview window on Mac OS 10.3.9... when I hit the delete key, I get the "Delete Photo?" dialog, and the "OK" is set as the default, but pressing return does not select the OK or dismiss the dialog. All I get is a beep.

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2006, 09:25:47 PM »

Could you send us a sample file?  Contact me privately for an FTP server to upload your images.

Mike sent us a sample CR2 from a 1D Mark II N and I was able to identify and fix the problem.  The next beta (and the final 4.4.3 release) will have the fix.

Thanks!

-Kirk

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2006, 09:29:05 PM »
Hi Kirk,

On this menu is a submenu titled "Photo Mechanic" and if you move onto that submenu you'll see a menu item that will allow you to create a new folder.  (That one has been there since 4.4.0!)

Oops missed that one!

When I use this option PM doesn't give me an option to name the subfolder, and it just creates one called "New Folder". I then have to rename the subfolder.

It should be created, selected and set to rename (you just start typing) and when you hit return the name is accepted.

Quote from: RobertE

How are you deleting the folders?  A set of steps would be helpful.

Thanks for the feedback,

-Kirk

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2006, 09:30:44 PM »
In the preview window on Mac OS 10.3.9... when I hit the delete key, I get the "Delete Photo?" dialog, and the "OK" is set as the default, but pressing return does not select the OK or dismiss the dialog. All I get is a beep.

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll look into that one right away.

-Kirk

Offline Andrew MacKay

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Keaphotos.com
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2006, 09:35:14 PM »
Kirk, is there and way of setting the watermark offset, It's a little too far off the edge of the image for my liking ... could this be user configurable ?

Other wise it all looks good on XP, I'll try it on the latest Vista build in the next day or so

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2006, 09:44:32 PM »
Kirk, is there and way of setting the watermark offset, It's a little too far off the edge of the image for my liking ... could this be user configurable ?

Other wise it all looks good on XP, I'll try it on the latest Vista build in the next day or so

There is no way to set the offset.  How would you want to specify the offset?  Pixels, inches/cms?

-Kirk

Offline oryk

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2006, 10:00:38 PM »
will there be a support to render CANON Mark II N RAWs ?
If you have Mac OS X 10.4.6, then the answer is yes, but it is only capable of doing as shot rendering (no adjustments).
how does it work ?  I can't find the RAW+JPG source popup menu.
You'll see the new popup menu in several places: Save As, Send Photos via email, HTML Export, Printing, FTP As, and PhotoShelter upload.

If I try to <Save as> CANON Mark II N RAW-files, I get the message:

<None of the selected photos can be saved at high resolution.>

Rendering this files is not possible.

What OS version are you running?

-Kirk

MAC OS 10.4.6

-Oryk
-Oryk

( MAC, OS 10.13.6 )

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2006, 10:05:08 PM »
will there be a support to render CANON Mark II N RAWs ?
If you have Mac OS X 10.4.6, then the answer is yes, but it is only capable of doing as shot rendering (no adjustments).
how does it work ?  I can't find the RAW+JPG source popup menu.
You'll see the new popup menu in several places: Save As, Send Photos via email, HTML Export, Printing, FTP As, and PhotoShelter upload.
If I try to <Save as> CANON Mark II N RAW-files, I get the message:
<None of the selected photos can be saved at high resolution.>
Rendering this files is not possible.
What OS version are you running?
MAC OS 10.4.6

The problem has been fixed and will appear in the next beta (and in the final release of 4.4.3).

-Kirk

Offline RobertE

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2006, 11:37:36 PM »
Hi Kirk,

It should be created, selected and set to rename (you just start typing) and when you hit return the name is accepted.

It isn't. Right-click > Photo Mechanic > New Folder > type name, and nothing appears to happen. I have to select the folder and hit Refresh (F5) for the new folder to appear. I tried typing a folder name but PM always makes it "New Folder".

How are you deleting the folders?  A set of steps would be helpful.

Right-click the folder in Navigator > Delete, and the folder still appears there. Hit Refresh and it disappears.

HTH. Gotta love Windows :).

-- Robert.