Author Topic: Edit/Preview Hang  (Read 3727 times)

Offline meagvg

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Edit/Preview Hang
« on: March 18, 2007, 07:56:42 PM »
Hello,
Using the most current version of PM on updated OSX. For some reason, my ability to edit/preview from the browser is broken. Previously, a double click on the photo or on the aperture icon (bottom right of frame) would result in the file being opened. Now, it just hangs, the entire program stuck. Right click and select edit will open the file in preview.

Is there anything I can do?

Thank you very much.

Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Edit/Preview Hang
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 08:22:03 PM »
Mike,

Using the most current version of PM on updated OSX. For some reason, my ability to edit/preview from the browser is broken. Previously, a double click on the photo or on the aperture icon (bottom right of frame) would result in the file being opened. Now, it just hangs, the entire program stuck. Right click and select edit will open the file in preview.

Is there anything I can do?

I would move aside your Photo Mechanic preferences file and see if that helps things.  The preferences file is titled:

com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.plist

and it can be found in the following location:

{your home folder}/Library/Preferences

Either rename the file, or drag it to your desktop.

A new preferences file will be created with default values.  If this does not help things, then I want to see if your console.log has any messages pertaining to Photo Mechanic in it.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline meagvg

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Edit/Preview Hang
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 05:32:02 AM »
Hello Kirk,

Problem solved.

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Best,
Mike