Community > General Discussion

Canon 5D Mark Ii or Nikon D800

<< < (2/2)

ChuckC:
I recently switched from a Nikon D810 to Fujifilm X-Pro2. Fujifilm is far ahead of Nikon. Suggest looking into the Fuji GX medium format if you really need a high pixel count and professional stuff.

5280Headshots:
I'm sure you've already made your purchase, but I definitely would've gone with the D800.  The 5DmkII was my main camera for several years, and the AF is absolutely atrocious.  Even shooting in the studio on a tripod, I'd get way more out of focus shots than seemed reasonable. 

James Keates:
There is not a lot in them but The Mark II was a piece of my kit for over 2 years and seemed such a jump up and forward from the Mark 1.

I used to shoot a lot of weddings with this bad boy and it never let me down.  For it's time the Mark II's low light performance was a game changer.  This was the beginnings  of real low light shooting.

I did have the opportunity to shoot a wedding with a D800 and I found it did not quite match the Canon Mark II.

Hope that helps.
James

jfarmato:
This is a camera match up I've considered as well. I'm a nikon shooter but have noticed when shooting canon that the files seem to need less fluffing in LR or PS after.
Not sure if mixing systems and glass is a good idea, but, I am looking for a new system to have in studio.

www.armatophotography.com

Dmihela:
Skip over the mark 2 and get a mark3. Same image quality but better autofocus. I own both and have been shooting canon since the 5d mark 1.
Best color of any I have used!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version