Author Topic: Ingest from Selection problem  (Read 2219 times)

Offline DaveG

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest from Selection problem
« on: March 26, 2019, 08:46:02 AM »
I asked this question a few times on different platforms but haven't had a response, so here I go again.  I want to use the new Ingest From Selection feature in PM6. I put a memory card in the card reader and the Ingest dialog box opens.  Under sources is see Disk, Folders, and From Selection. I assumed that I wold choose From Selection and that would let me see what's on the memory card and then I can choose what to Ingest.  My problem is that From Selection is greyed out and I cannot choose this. 

Have I done something wrong?  I'm using WIN 10 and yesterday's PM6.  I've attached a snip of the Ingest dialog box.

Offline cjpl2003

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Ingest from Selection problem
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 08:49:16 AM »
It doesn't work like this apparently as I found out earlier. see here http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=11935.0

pablogg

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 09:34:18 AM »
Dave, you need to first select images in the contact sheet in order to have "from selection" enabled. Mount your card, bring up a contact sheet containing folder from the card, select your images, then perform ingest from selection.
-palo

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 11:02:18 AM »
I asked this question a few times on different platforms but haven't had a response, so here I go again.  I want to use the new Ingest From Selection feature in PM6. I put a memory card in the card reader and the Ingest dialog box opens.  Under sources is see Disk, Folders, and From Selection. I assumed that I wold choose From Selection and that would let me see what's on the memory card and then I can choose what to Ingest.  My problem is that From Selection is greyed out and I cannot choose this. 

Have I done something wrong?  I'm using WIN 10 and yesterday's PM6.  I've attached a snip of the Ingest dialog box.

If you think that you're always going to do Ingest from Selection and no longer Ingest Disks, then changing your preferences can make this a straightforward process.

In the General tab of the Preferences dialog, in the "On mount of Camera Disk:" section, choose "Open as contact sheet(s)".

When you insert a card into your card reader, you will now see your contact sheet(s) representing the folders on your card.  Select the images you want to ingest.  Use the "Ingest from Selection..." menu item on the File menu (or its keyboard shortcut) and click the Ingest button once you've determined that your settings are what you want them to be.

-Kirk