Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Star rated Fujifilm files

(1/1)

Michael Coffey:
I have started using a Fujifilm X100F and, away from home, started star-rating photos from the back of the camera. Take it as a first cull. Upon ingesting I do not see the stars in PM5.

Is there a setting in PM5 so that stars are read first time when importing photos?

Background details: I shoot RAF&JPEG and I am using 5.0, build 18729 (fc44301).

Michael

Kirk Baker:
Michael,

--- Quote from: Michael Coffey on July 26, 2017, 04:00:48 AM ---I have started using a Fujifilm X100F and, away from home, started star-rating photos from the back of the camera. Take it as a first cull. Upon ingesting I do not see the stars in PM5.

Is there a setting in PM5 so that stars are read first time when importing photos?

Background details: I shoot RAF&JPEG and I am using 5.0, build 18729 (fc44301).

--- End quote ---

No.  Please provide an image with a rating on it so we can figure out how the camera has placed the metadata.

-Kirk

Michael Coffey:
Sent you a PM

olidie:
Oh, I am interested in a possible solution, too.

Oliver

Kirk Baker:
I got Michael's files, but unfortunately the data is somewhat proprietary.  I'll tell you what I told Michael:

--- Quote ---I got your files.  The XMP sidecar file has a rating of zero, the RAF file does not contain XMP metadata.  I expect the rating information is tucked away in the undocumented maker note so what we'd need is you shooting a photo, setting a rating of 5, copying the RAF file to your computer, then back in the camera setting the rating to 4, copying that same RAF file to your computer again (to a different folder or renaming the first copy to a different name), repeating this process for ratings 3, 2, 1, and zero.  The copying should be done with your computer's file system (Finder or Windows Explorer) and should not involve Photo Mechanic.  Then we can compare the files to see what differs between them and hopefully we can find out how the rating is stored.
--- End quote ---

So if you'd like to help, please provide the same image with different ratings values so that we can compare the files (hopefully only the rating value will change) and see how the camera stores the rating.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version