Author Topic: “Edit selected photos with” only selects one photo for import into Lightroom  (Read 7185 times)

Offline bphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Version 5, build 18327, 5034d39
Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit

When I filter down to my selected photos (in my case, all photos color coded red; filtered by Ctrl+Shift+1, then F2) and then right-click on any one of the photos and select “Edit selected photos with…lightroom.exe”, Photo Mechanic will open Lightroom, open the import screen, and all photos will show, but only the first of my selected photos will have a checkmark (selected for import) so I have to manually add the checkmark to all others.  When doing this all of the selected photos have a yellow border.  I do have Lightroom selected as my preferred photo editor in preferences.

Here are the scenarios I’ve tried:
Selecting “Edit selected photos”
Selecting “Edit selected photos with…”
Starting with Lightroom closed
Starting with Lightroom open

All of them result in only a single photo that is checked for import.
End goal: All selected photos are imported to the Lightroom import screen with a checkmark so all I have to do is click the Import button.

Any help you can provide is appreciated!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Lightroom doesn't make a good "editor" for the purposes of the "Edit with" commands.  Use drag and drop instead and you'll have better results.

-Kirk

Offline pschenck

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi. I have the same problem. And when I try to drag and drop to lightroom it gives me a circle with a line through it. Any other suggestions? I am on a pc using lightroom cc and windows 10. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Getting the "circle with a line through it" seems to happen sometimes if the operation is rushed. I am never sure why, but if I try again, usually it will suddenly work fine.    If for some reason drag and drop is not working for you at all, give our support team a call and they can troubleshoot for you, maybe do a screen share to work out the details.

support@camerabits.com
Phone Number: +1 503.547.2800
Mick O
Camera Bits