Author Topic: code replacement with variables  (Read 2925 times)

Offline ralf

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
code replacement with variables
« on: January 22, 2019, 03:59:16 AM »
Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to implement variables with code replacement. For example, we are 2 photographers each using their own camera. Using the variables "serialnumber" as a code assigned to the photographer who is using this camera body and replace it with the name of the photographer. I tried it and it doesn´t work sadly. Any chance to make it work?

Thanks

Offline Odd Skjaeveland

• View Profile
Re: code replacement with variables
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 07:38:48 AM »
...Using the variables "serialnumber" as a code assigned to the photographer who is using this camera body and replace it with the name of the photographer. I tried it and it doesn´t work sadly.

Have you tried to replicate the example in the section Advanced Code Replacement in the on-line manual?
http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Advanced_Code_Replacement

Camera serial number is EXIF-data, and PM may possibly refuse to overwrite it. Said example shows how to use camera serial number to put the photographer's name in the Caption field, but you may want to try one of the (many) other non-EXIF ones.
--
Odd S.

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 02:11:04 PM »
Can you do this in camera? Many cameras let you add the name to all images taken with it. My EOS 5D4 has IPTC fields I can fill in with photographer, contact and copyright details, but also my 6-year-old son's little Nikon Coolpix W100 does too. (I realise not all will let you do this though.)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 03:07:24 PM »
Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to implement variables with code replacement. For example, we are 2 photographers each using their own camera. Using the variables "serialnumber" as a code assigned to the photographer who is using this camera body and replace it with the name of the photographer. I tried it and it doesn´t work sadly. Any chance to make it work?

Thanks

Please post your code replacement text file and I'll have a look at it.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your file.

Thanks,

-Kirk