Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

tedious questions

(1/1)

Soizic:
Hi

I have that for keywords or localization :
Some of the characters cannot be represented in the default encoding and will result in data loss.

Would you like to save in the Unicode format which will preserve all of your data?

Too much time !
Thanks for help

Hayo Baan:
Where do you get this message and what triggers it? Can you post a screenshot?

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: Soizic on August 04, 2017, 04:58:16 AM ---I have that for keywords or localization :
Some of the characters cannot be represented in the default encoding and will result in data loss.

Would you like to save in the Unicode format which will preserve all of your data?

Too much time !

--- End quote ---

If you never want to see that message again and you need to use characters that can't be represented in the text encoding you've chosen, then either change your preferences to write your IPTC as Unicode, or stop writing IPTC altogether.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#IPTC.2FXMP_Preferences

-Kirk

Soizic:
Default encoding was 'Mac Roman", I try "Latin Western European"
Thanks

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: Soizic on August 04, 2017, 11:46:51 PM ---Default encoding was 'Mac Roman", I try "Latin Western European"

--- End quote ---

You will still likely get the problem depending on what letters you use.  Telling PM to write IPTC as Unicode would solve the problem.  As would telling PM not to write IPTC altogether.

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version