Author Topic: Instagram export  (Read 539 times)

Offline playforvoices

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Instagram export
« on: August 04, 2017, 07:12:38 am »
I've start to work with Photo Mechanic since two months. I use it as base for my picture workflow (alongside with Photo Ninja as RAW converter). At the last time I upload a lot of pictures to Instagram because the user base is incredible there. So it would be a nice feature to have a direct export option inside of Photo Mechanic. Currently I use the Open Source App "Ramme" to upload my pictures from PC but it slows down my workflow a lot.   

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Instagram export
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 08:34:52 am »
I've start to work with Photo Mechanic since two months. I use it as base for my picture workflow (alongside with Photo Ninja as RAW converter). At the last time I upload a lot of pictures to Instagram because the user base is incredible there. So it would be a nice feature to have a direct export option inside of Photo Mechanic. Currently I use the Open Source App "Ramme" to upload my pictures from PC but it slows down my workflow a lot.

Instagram offers no API for desktop clients.  Only mobile platforms (iOS and Android) are offered such capability.

I have searched for alternatives and while they exists, Instagram apparently bans accounts that use non-mobile platforms for uploading to Instagram.

So it's not likely we'll add such a feature until Instagram offers a public API for desktop clients.

-Kirk

Offline playforvoices

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 09:53:00 am »
Thanks for the answer Kirk.

How about the usage of the Instagram client at Windows 10? With the help of the windows build in sharing function you can send pictures also over Instagram right from the desktop PC. Currently the upload works only for direct message to Instagram. But it has potential... What do you think about that? 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 10:00:04 pm »
Thanks for the answer Kirk.

How about the usage of the Instagram client at Windows 10? With the help of the windows build in sharing function you can send pictures also over Instagram right from the desktop PC. Currently the upload works only for direct message to Instagram. But it has potential... What do you think about that?

I'd have to research it, but generally we like cross-platform solutions.

-Kirk

Offline playforvoices

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 08:36:34 am »
I'd have to research it, but generally we like cross-platform solutions.

Sounds good. Please take a look at this. It's nice to see the windows 10 sharing function inside of Photo Mechanic.

--Marko

Offline hexclimber

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Limbic System PhotoWorks
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 09:36:06 am »
I use LR/Instagram to export directly from LR to IG from my desktop...  https://www.lrinstagram.com/
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.