Author Topic: CD/DVD Burning on Mac 10.3.9  (Read 6013 times)

Offline Fitz A

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
CD/DVD Burning on Mac 10.3.9
« on: March 18, 2007, 10:35:25 PM »
Kirk,

I'm using Photo Mechanic 4.4.3.3 on Mac 10.3.9.

I normally use Toast to burn my CDs/DVDs, but decided to use PM this time.

I opened a Contact Sheet & selected all of the images. The Burn icon and the Burn Photos To Disc menu item stayed grayed-out.

I checked Preferences to see if I had to select something, but I didn't notice anything. If there is an item, can you let me know where to find it?

Toast, iTunes & the Finder have no problem recognizing my CD/DVD burner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fitz

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
Re: CD/DVD Burning on Mac 10.3.9
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 08:28:20 AM »
Please dont be offended by my question, but did u have a blank disc in the drive?  I've done it before so I'm familiar with asking PM to burn a CD and only THEN do I remember to put a disc in the slot.

Delane
Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 09:16:20 AM »
Fitz,

I'm using Photo Mechanic 4.4.3.3 on Mac 10.3.9.

I normally use Toast to burn my CDs/DVDs, but decided to use PM this time.

I opened a Contact Sheet & selected all of the images. The Burn icon and the Burn Photos To Disc menu item stayed grayed-out.

I checked Preferences to see if I had to select something, but I didn't notice anything. If there is an item, can you let me know where to find it?

Toast, iTunes & the Finder have no problem recognizing my CD/DVD burner.

If the drive is marked as "in use" by some other application, PM won't be able to use it.  I could add a little code to the beta that would print out the status of the drive and we can see what it says.

Let me know if you're interested.

-Kirk

Offline Fitz A

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 10:37:01 AM »
Please dont be offended by my question, but did u have a blank disc in the drive?

Delane, I did not take offense.

And yes, I did have a blank DVD in the drive.

If the drive is marked as "in use" by some other application, PM won't be able to use it.  I could add a little code to the beta that would print out the status of the drive and we can see what it says.

Let me know if you're interested.

-Kirk

I have the Finder open Toast whenever a blank CD/DVD is inserted. So I had both Toast & PM open. I did not have Toast do anything to the blank DVD, and if I were to Quit Toast, the blank DVD would've been ejected.

When I get home, I will try telling the finder to do nothing when a blank DVD is inserted and see if that helps

I hope I don't have to keep doing that.

Fitz

Offline Fitz A

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 05:52:22 PM »
Kirk,

Once I told the Finder to ignore CDs/DVDs Photo Mechanic was able to recognize them.

Both the Burn icon and the Burn To Disc menu item were available, and the burn worked properly.

I like being able to burn from PM, but I've never had to call up System Preferences before being able to use a particular feature of a program.

Fitz

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 06:23:20 PM »
Fitz,

Once I told the Finder to ignore CDs/DVDs Photo Mechanic was able to recognize them.

Both the Burn icon and the Burn To Disc menu item were available, and the burn worked properly.

I like being able to burn from PM, but I've never had to call up System Preferences before being able to use a particular feature of a program.

There is only one burner device on your system, right?  Well if some other application has a lock on your single burner drive, then no other application is allowed access to it.  I am speaking only of applications that use Apple's Disc Recording framework.  Toast likely has its own methods.

-Kirk