Author Topic: live ingest  (Read 657 times)

Offline Matthew

• Newcomer
  • Cardiff based Press and PR photographer
    • View Profile
    • matt-horwood.com
live ingest
« on: June 10, 2017, 11:28:06 am »
Hello,

Iím running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 18359 (5034d39) on an Intel Mac (10.12)

Iím having a few sporadic issues with the Live Ingest feature in Photo Mechanic and was wondering if anyone could help?

I have my home server configured to run a FTP service (Mac OS Server) which is set up receive pictures from my wifi-enabled cameras. These are sent using a mobile broadband connection when Iím out in the field.

Within Photo Mechanic, the Live Ingest source folder is set to be the root FTP folder so when a picture is seen itís captioned, renamed and moved on.

The problem I am having is that occasionally the Live Ingest feature stops processing the JPGs and a backlog of files can build up in the Live Ingest source folder. To fix this I need to restart the Live Ingest process which clears the backlog and the files are moved.

I am only sending .JPG files. I have attached a screenshot of my Live Ingest settings page.

Is there any reason this is happening?

Thanks in advance,

Matthew
Press & PR photographer / matt-horwod.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: live ingest
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 07:02:19 pm »
I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Matthew

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • matt-horwood.com
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 12:23:00 am »
Here you go. The problem happened last around June 2, 3 and 4.

Files were named MH_030617_Champions_League_Festival
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:24:47 am by Matthew »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 03:21:53 pm »
Matthew,

Here you go. The problem happened last around June 2, 3 and 4.

Files were named MH_030617_Champions_League_Festival

Looks to me like your source folder was a "Dropbox" which usually means that files can be created and written there, but cannot be read from there.  I don't know if your "/Volumes/MEDIA/Dropbox/Pictures/LIVE/" is really set up that way, but I can tell that Live Ingest is having trouble accessing files at that location.

-Kirk

Offline Matthew

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • matt-horwood.com
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 01:17:07 pm »
Hi Kirk,

Thanks for looking into this.

Changing the Live Ingest source location to a location outside of the Dropbox has fixed this.