Author Topic: PM.lock files  (Read 3865 times)

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
PM.lock files
« on: March 19, 2007, 04:35:32 PM »
I am finding that PM is not removing the PM.lock files from folders it has browsed.  It becomes a problem when I use Toast to burn folders, as it picks up the invisible files which then have to removed manually.  It's bad enough having to remove OS X's .DS_Store files.  I don't recall it doing this before - I'm aware that the PM.lock file will be present while the folder is actually open in PM, but surely it should be deleted when the Contact Sheet is closed.  Is this normal behaviour?

Sam.

Mac OS 10.4.9, PM 4.4.3.3.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM.lock files
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 04:41:23 PM »
I am finding that PM is not removing the PM.lock files from folders it has browsed.  It becomes a problem when I use Toast to burn folders, as it picks up the invisible files which then have to removed manually.  It's bad enough having to remove OS X's .DS_Store files.  I don't recall it doing this before - I'm aware that the PM.lock file will be present while the folder is actually open in PM, but surely it should be deleted when the Contact Sheet is closed.  Is this normal behaviour?

Sam.

Mac OS 10.4.9, PM 4.4.3.3.

It is supposed to be deleted when the contact sheet closes.

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Re: PM.lock files
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 12:12:03 PM »
This appears to be fixed in 4.5, but now of course I have the .PMarrangements file instead!  However I presume this only appears if you actually make an arrangement, which is a very useful function, so I can live with it deleting it from Toast now and then.