Author Topic: reply to email in PM classic web gallery question  (Read 2139 times)

Offline dfphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
reply to email in PM classic web gallery question
« on: August 29, 2017, 08:08:44 PM »
Hi I don't understand how to add a reply to code in the auto generated web gallery PM classic... Hope that is clear.

When the client click the boxes for selects, and clicks the review selections it will send an email but there is no way for the person to add their email address to the selects.

If you can help I'd appreciate it. I think this is the line in the code     $headers .= "Reply-To: ".$replyto."".PHP_EOL;

Thanks David

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: reply to email in PM classic web gallery question
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 08:56:36 AM »
Hi David,

If I remember correctly, the gallery was intended to be given to a specific client and that the creator already had the client's contact information. The Reply-To is set in the exporter dialog under the field name 'Email From'. The data is stored in the template/desc_info.xml file under the <EmailFrom> tag within the generated gallery.

The next version of the exporter will have submission form where the client can enter their contact information.

-Jerry

Offline dfphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 01:36:54 PM »
Hi Jerry,

Surprisingly, if you click off the PHP email button the web gallery will open an email with the selects and allow the sender to add their email address and or a note or subject and that solved my issue!!!

I still have an issue if I have a number of files in the contact sheet and need to scroll up or down the software keeps going instead of stopping when I stop... THAT IS THE MOST ANNOYING ISSUE!!!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 05:20:49 PM »
Hi Jerry,

Surprisingly, if you click off the PHP email button the web gallery will open an email with the selects and allow the sender to add their email address and or a note or subject and that solved my issue!!!

I still have an issue if I have a number of files in the contact sheet and need to scroll up or down the software keeps going instead of stopping when I stop... THAT IS THE MOST ANNOYING ISSUE!!!

Please update to the latest version of Photo Mechanic.  It solves that problem.

-Kirk