Author Topic: PM not recognising embedded color profile in JPG files  (Read 2458 times)

Offline DavidP

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM not recognising embedded color profile in JPG files
« on: August 31, 2017, 09:13:34 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 18729 (fc44301) on an Intel mac running Sierra 10.12.6

When viewing Nikon D4 RAW files PM recognises the embedded Adobe RGB profile. I then edit the photos using DxO optics pro and output the finished files with the SRGB profile embedded into a JPG file. PM does not recognise the SRGB profile and reports the ICC profile as undefined. If I view the same JPG in Photoshop then photoshop recognises the embedded SRGB profile.

I have changed the PM color management preferences from "default ICC profile if undetermined" from "no default profile" to "SRGB" to ensure that when I am viewing the jpg it displays the correct colors. So I have got a workaround. However, I would be more than interested to know why PM doesn't recognise the embedded SRGB profile in the JPG file. Is this normal?

I have attached a sample JPG with SRGB embedded that PM apparently cannot recognise. 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM not recognising embedded color profile in JPG files
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 11:54:37 AM »
David,

Thanks for the sample file.  We'll look into it soon and let you know what we find.

-Kirk