Author Topic: wireless transmitting via Live Ingest without deleting the files from the source  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Tommi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • FotoDesignTS
Hi all together,

additional to the post below I have a additional question.
Is it possible to transfer the files from the camera to PM via Live Ingest (in a monitored folder) WITHOUT deleting the files from the source?
I use the files on the CF Card as a "backup" until the event is finished.

Thank you for all answers in advance.

Greetings from Germany
Thomas

Quote from: Brian08 on April 27, 2017, 12:37:40 pm
Can you use a wireless transmitters with Photo Mechanic please? Dose it work? What i am looking to do is transfer file as shooting to my Windows 10 laptop 64 bit with the wireless transmitter, so can PM V 5 ingest them strata way this way please?

Many photographers use PM with wireless transmitters successfully.  Basically you set up your computer to be a FTP server (with software other than PM--PM does not offer a FTP server service) and set your camera to send photos to your computer to a folder of your choice.  Then you use Live Ingest in PM to monitor that folder.  Live Ingest will then download, rename, apply IPTC Stationery, etc. as your images arrive.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Live_Ingest

HTH,

-Kirk
cu on location!

Tom

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Is it possible to transfer the files from the camera to PM via Live Ingest (in a monitored folder) WITHOUT deleting the files from the source?
I use the files on the CF Card as a "backup" until the event is finished.

Live Ingest won't have access to your camera's card so it won't be able to delete them.  You will have to set your camera to upload the files to a folder on your computer, where you then have Live Ingest monitor that folder for newly arrived files.  Live Ingest will delete the images as they're processed in that folder on your computer.  The images on your camera's card won't be touched.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Tommi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • FotoDesignTS
Thank you Kirk for that important information. Meanwhile I testet the live ingest. After a few problems regarding set up settings on canons menu from the 1dx m2 it works fine.

Thomas
cu on location!

Tom