Author Topic: FIND and FIND and REPLACE  (Read 147 times)

Offline Colin Robinson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FIND and FIND and REPLACE
« on: September 03, 2017, 06:38:31 am »
Yesterday I photographed a rugby match. I copied and amended an IPTC pad  I had used for a previous match featuring one of the same teams. I missed removing a keyword, namely Edinburgh, which was the city the previous game was located in. I did add the new city Glasgow. The result is that I have two cities in my keyword list for each photo, and would like to remove Edinburgh. I have checked on the forum and see that "find and replace" seems to be the way.
On the contact sheet when I select all images and and use FIND, PM highlights all the images containing the key word Edinburgh, except for two where I have manually deleted the keyword from both images,  ie it is working correctly.
However .... when I try to use FIND and RELACE and search for Edinburgh, and try to replace it with green, a "throwaway" keyword I would not  normally use, but is correct in that there is a lot of green grass, PM says search string not found. I'm not doing anything different in either case that I am aware of.

I dont want to remove all keywords and start again as I have added specific keywords to over a hundred images before noticing my error.
Images have not been imported to Lightroom yet, and I'm using latest PM, and latest  MacOs on a MacBook pro....
Help please?
TIA,
Colin

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FIND and FIND and REPLACE
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 10:21:03 am »
Can you post a sample image here (and any matching XMP sidecar file), along with a screen shot of your Find and Replace settings?

Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your files.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Colin Robinson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 07:56:53 am »
Kirk,
Many thanks for your very impressive and immediate response.
This morning I was generating the screen grabs to show you the problem, and Find and Replace worked. I have absolutely no idea why, everything was exactly the same as last night, same photos,  same settings and same search for, and replace, keywords.
I know i will appear to be a dork, but so be it.
Thanks again.
Love your software by the way, and push it whenever I can.
Colin.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 09:16:39 am »
Colin,

Many thanks for your very impressive and immediate response.
This morning I was generating the screen grabs to show you the problem, and Find and Replace worked. I have absolutely no idea why, everything was exactly the same as last night, same photos,  same settings and same search for, and replace, keywords.
I know i will appear to be a dork, but so be it.

Sometimes problems like these can manifest themselves later on.  If that happens, return to this thread and post the samples.  I'll be happy to look into the problem.

Love your software by the way, and push it whenever I can.

Thanks!  The best is yet to come.

-Kirk