Author Topic: Ingest error on tagged images with PM on MacOS High Sierra  (Read 43491 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest error on tagged images with PM on MacOS High Sierra
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2017, 03:51:36 PM »
Max,

Good Morning, I'm sport photographer and I've so many trouble after uploded to Mac OS High Sierra, specially with Live Ingest between my camera and MacBook where I'm working live with PM. Generally I'm using ethernet cable to transmit pics during the events, but now is impossible, I mean on my camera seems the pics are sent to Mac but with PM open and Live Ingest ON can't see any pics. Suppose I've to wait a new updating for PM, justo toknow if someone had same problem please.

Are the images in fact arriving in the folder that Live Ingest is monitoring?  If the images aren't arriving in the monitored folder then PM/Live Ingest isn't going to see them.

-Kirk

Offline willievass

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2017, 04:12:26 PM »
Good Morning, I'm sport photographer and I've so many trouble after uploded to Mac OS High Sierra, specially with Live Ingest between my camera and MacBook where I'm working live with PM. Generally I'm using ethernet cable to transmit pics during the events, but now is impossible, I mean on my camera seems the pics are sent to Mac but with PM open and Live Ingest ON can't see any pics. Suppose I've to wait a new updating for PM, justo toknow if someone had same problem please.
Thank you very much.

Max
High Sierra removes the built in FTP server from MacOS - if you were previously using FTP from your camera it won't work now.

Offline mathmax

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2017, 10:20:49 AM »
Max,

Are the images in fact arriving in the folder that Live Ingest is monitoring?  If the images aren't arriving in the monitored folder then PM/Live Ingest isn't going to see them.

-Kirk

Hi Kirk, thank you for assistance, but unfortunately the images don't arrive in any folder.

Offline mathmax

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2017, 10:22:58 AM »
Thank you very much.

Max
High Sierra removes the built in FTP server from MacOS - if you were previously using FTP from your camera it won't work now.

I'm not using FTP service to transfer the images from the camera ti PM, just the cable and generally the process was that the images gone to the folder and after I could see in PM trough Live Ingest.
Thank you for your assistance.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2017, 10:35:22 AM »
Max,

OK, FTP is not involved.  Are images arriving in the folder that Live Ingest is watching?

-Kirk

Offline mathmax

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2017, 01:54:30 PM »
Max,

OK, FTP is not involved.  Are images arriving in the folder that Live Ingest is watching?

-Kirk

No absolutely, there is no images in the folder and in PM, but on the camera result as the image has been sent

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2017, 02:07:32 PM »
Max,

No absolutely, there is no images in the folder and in PM, but on the camera result as the image has been sent

Sounds like incompatibility between your camera's software and the new macOS.  I suggest contacting your camera's manufacturer or reverting to an older version of macOS.

-Kirk

Offline mathmax

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2017, 10:06:58 PM »
Max,

Sounds like incompatibility between your camera's software and the new macOS.  I suggest contacting your camera's manufacturer or reverting to an older version of macOS.

-Kirk

I'll try to check...Thanx so much for you patience

From the manufacterer Support of my camera say there is incompatibility between it and new macOS, my last doubt is about a number of pics in PM after that you have to change the folder as happen sometimes, do you have information about that? I mean after a number, don't remember now exactly, of pics you can't see them in PM if early you don't change the folder. Do you?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 04:49:28 AM by mathmax »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2017, 08:46:59 AM »
Max,

I reread that last paragraph several times and I still don't understand what you're describing or asking about.  Please rephrase your description and question.

-Kirk

Offline mathmax

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2017, 02:24:25 PM »
Max,

I reread that last paragraph several times and I still don't understand what you're describing or asking about.  Please rephrase your description and question.

-Kirk

Ok sorry leave...it's nothing to do with main problem
Thanx so much

Offline andrewccm

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2017, 10:04:57 AM »
So glad I checked this forum before hitting install today.  LOL

Non-High Sierra to remain on my MBP for now I suppose.

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2017, 02:37:59 PM »
So glad I checked this forum before hitting install today.  LOL
Non-High Sierra to remain on my MBP for now I suppose.

From (my) user's perspective, that's the recommended way for any mission-critical software during major OS upgrades (even reiterated by Camerabits on and on in the forums). Did not use to be that much, but with OS companies adopting the "user is our beta (sometimes even alpha) tester" model recently (well, not that recently, for those who remember Windows ME, heh), it's even more important. It is well suggested that users wait a while before the OS reaches at least the point number release before upgrading, for any mission-critical use. That's why Windows LTSB and Ubuntu LTS editions exist (Long Term Service Branch). Even though the betas of High Sierra were coming out during the whole of summer, you can't count on betas to uncover all the possible bugs, especially with their frequent changes and last minute additions (several developer betas of iOS, for example, added features to later remove them, and where is the Apple promised ZFS support, ha?). With High Sierra bringing a lot of not well documented changes (consider AFPS, the "revolutionary" new filesystem for SSDs, which is not much documented at all, but is still being forced onto all users of Apple notebooks with SSD, without any choice - although it might be much better than HPFS+, which is generally somewhat outdated - no meaningful developer documentation makes that pretty hard to debug for software vendors).

All the worse for us the users, though, since generaly new OSes often bring fixes to software vulnerabilities that old OSes do not get (except the really big ones). I am still waiting for any word from Apple (or Google, Android, for that matter) if and when at least the penultimate versions of their OSes get a fix for the latest (perhaps the most severe since the WEP WiFi vulnerability that allowed any script kiddie to hijack your network) WPA2 WiFi vulnerability (KRACK), for example. If only iOS 11 and HighSierra get it, that's gonna be a big disappointment (since a lot of still used iPhones, iPads and Macbooks can't get upgraded to HighSierra due to HW requirements).

I still upgrade my non mission critial HW to the latest OS possible, sometimes even beta, but I am prepared for the consequences of things breaking down - the workhorse HW (Macbook and iPad) are still perfectly fine running penultimate version of their respective OS until any bugs get ironed out (even if I have to resolve to stop using any WiFi if an point upgrade to Sierra and iOS 10 doesn't fix the KRACK vulnerability...)

To be clear, Camerabits did a great job of upgrading PM day over day to fix the issue with Ingest only locked files and other issues in High Sierra, but still I would way a while before adopting it for my main workflow machine unless absolutely neccessary
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 02:39:58 PM by Frantisek Vlcek »