Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Force refresh?

(1/1)

rugfoot:
When editing in Lightroom and then exporting back into PM, PM takes some time to show all the files. For a set of 20 images, it will often show the first four or five but the remainder taken 4 or 5 minutes to show, despite the files already existing on the hard drive (I can see them in Finder). Is there a way of forcing PM to refresh so they appear quicker?

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: rugfoot on September 11, 2017, 06:00:27 AM ---When editing in Lightroom and then exporting back into PM, PM takes some time to show all the files. For a set of 20 images, it will often show the first four or five but the remainder taken 4 or 5 minutes to show, despite the files already existing on the hard drive (I can see them in Finder). Is there a way of forcing PM to refresh so they appear quicker?

--- End quote ---

Why do you need to export out of Lr?  Just browse the photos where they are.  That said, yes, you can force PM to rescan the folder for new images:

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#View_Menu

--- Quote ---Rescan: will check the folder or folders for any new images that have been added.
--- End quote ---

-Kirk

JonHob:
Lightroom has a very useful Export section which makes it very easy to resize, add watermarks and create easily accessible Presets. I'm guessing this is why Rugfoot is Exporting in this way.?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version