Author Topic: Force refresh?  (Read 2779 times)

Offline rugfoot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Force refresh?
« on: September 11, 2017, 06:00:27 AM »
When editing in Lightroom and then exporting back into PM, PM takes some time to show all the files. For a set of 20 images, it will often show the first four or five but the remainder taken 4 or 5 minutes to show, despite the files already existing on the hard drive (I can see them in Finder). Is there a way of forcing PM to refresh so they appear quicker?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Force refresh?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 07:53:04 AM »
When editing in Lightroom and then exporting back into PM, PM takes some time to show all the files. For a set of 20 images, it will often show the first four or five but the remainder taken 4 or 5 minutes to show, despite the files already existing on the hard drive (I can see them in Finder). Is there a way of forcing PM to refresh so they appear quicker?

Why do you need to export out of Lr?  Just browse the photos where they are.  That said, yes, you can force PM to rescan the folder for new images:

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#View_Menu

Rescan: will check the folder or folders for any new images that have been added.

-Kirk

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
Re: Force refresh?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 04:33:02 AM »
Lightroom has a very useful Export section which makes it very easy to resize, add watermarks and create easily accessible Presets. I'm guessing this is why Rugfoot is Exporting in this way.?