Author Topic: Flickr Access  (Read 7830 times)

Offline keyboard99

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Flickr Access
« on: August 06, 2017, 12:42:14 AM »
Had a system rebuild and now  cannot get flickr to authorise PM. Every time I press the authorise button in PM it just takes me to the flickr home page. Has something changed at either the PM or Flickr sides so this method no longer works?

Thanks

Offline starsphinx

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Flickr Access
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 11:50:18 AM »
I have just run into the exact same problem.  A hunt on the web bought up a thread on flickr forums about the problem and flickrs answer was they have changed their authorization protocol and photo mechanic needs to update.

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 09:48:34 AM »
Hello,

We are rebuilding the Flickr uploader to use the updated client authentication method and will be posting a new build here shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

-Jerry

Offline tuxster

• Newcomer
  • Just an old man with a camera
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 03:45:17 PM »
Would this solve the reason I cannot authorize photomechanic with Flickr anymore. Last week I upgraded or downgraded depending how you see it to a new mbp. Right now I am installing software and tried to authorize MP5 with my Flickr account with no joy.
Any idea if this is something related to what I am doing wrong or is this part of the new authentication process.

Thx

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 04:30:58 PM »
Would this solve the reason I cannot authorize photomechanic with Flickr anymore. Last week I upgraded or downgraded depending how you see it to a new mbp. Right now I am installing software and tried to authorize MP5 with my Flickr account with no joy.
Any idea if this is something related to what I am doing wrong or is this part of the new authentication process.

The upcoming update should allow you to authenticate and resume the use of the Flickr upload template in Photo Mechanic.

There is nothing that you're doing wrong.  Flickr increased the requirements for authorization recently and Photo Mechanic needs to be updated to accommodate these changes.

-Kirk

Offline fotograhn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 01:16:35 AM »
Great news, Kirk!
Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the upcoming update 'til then.
Warm regards,
Sami

Hello,

We are rebuilding the Flickr uploader to use the updated client authentication method and will be posting a new build here shortly.

-Jerry

Offline keyboard99

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 02:28:33 PM »
Hello,

-Jerry

Cheers Jerry! Will look out for it.

Offline mf101

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 12:47:25 PM »
Hello, any word on when this update will be available? I'm at an event and would love to use PM to do my Flickr uploads. Any chance it will be in the next day or two? If not, is there a beta I could grab? Thanks.

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 04:17:40 PM »
Hello, any word on when this update will be available? I'm at an event and would love to use PM to do my Flickr uploads. Any chance it will be in the next day or two? If not, is there a beta I could grab? Thanks.

The Flickr uploader template has been updated. It's still in testing so I don't have a release date for you at this time.

I will send you a personal message with the new template and instructions on how to install it.

-Jerry

Offline fotograhn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 12:47:31 AM »

The Flickr uploader template has been updated. It's still in testing so I don't have a release date for you at this time.

I will send you a personal message with the new template and instructions on how to install it.

-Jerry

Thumbs up!

Offline keyboard99

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 02:25:30 AM »
Any update, just back from a big trip and needing to use this now.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 10:22:07 AM »
Any update, just back from a big trip and needing to use this now.

Please contact Jerry H (above, click on his name and send him a personal message) and he will get you the updated template.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 02:46:27 PM »
The build that addresses this problem has been posted:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=11068.0

-Kirk

Offline fotograhn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 09:29:19 AM »
Great news, however the the field where I should paste the verification code is not very obvious as it a little bitten hidden at first. You have to scroll down in the Connections window to find it. I finally did :)

I can confirm that the upload to Flickr now is working smoothless. I wish there where an option to create a new set or album directly from the File uploader dialog. I can upload it to a pre-made set/album with other images already in it. On the Flickr web page itsefl I cannot create an empty album.

If I understand it right the only way to accomplish this is to use the following process: 1. upload from PM5 to Flickr, 2. switch to a web browser, 3. enter the Flickr webpage, 4. create a new album, 5. and add the recently added images. Correct?

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 10:32:07 AM by Snaxalig »

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 11:29:16 AM »
Great news, however the the field where I should paste the verification code is not very obvious as it a little bitten hidden at first. You have to scroll down in the Connections window to find it. I finally did :)

Thank you for the update. I'll see about making the default size of the Connection Settings dialog larger for the next build.

I can confirm that the upload to Flickr now is working smoothless. I wish there where an option to create a new set or album directly from the File uploader dialog. I can upload it to a pre-made set/album with other images already in it. On the Flickr web page itsefl I cannot create an empty album.

If I understand it right the only way to accomplish this is to use the following process: 1. upload from PM5 to Flickr, 2. switch to a web browser, 3. enter the Flickr webpage, 4. create a new album, 5. and add the recently added images. Correct?

If you're needing to upload images to a new photoset, I recommend that you upload at least one photo using the '(none)' option in the Photoset combo box. This will allow you to create a new photoset with new image(s) through Flickr's website. The reason for this is that Flickr doesn't allow the creation of a new photoset unless you've uploaded an image that can be used as the primary photo id.

We will be adding the ability to create a new photoset in the Flickr uploader for PM 6.

-Jerry