Author Topic: Sound files / Live Ingest  (Read 2384 times)

Offline LSchulze93

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Sound files / Live Ingest
« on: September 14, 2017, 10:15:14 AM »
Dear colleagues,

i have some issues with the sound files

issue 1: When I capture RAW and JPEG at the same time on the same card and make a voice tag to these both files:
      - When I ingest „Copy RAW and non-RAW photos“ or „Copy non-RAW photos“ the sound file will be copy with
      - When I ingest „Copy RAW photos only“ the sound file will NOT be copy with
   The sound file will be downloaded to my computer only in combination with the JPEG! —> This is the problem. - Any solution that the sound file will be transmit in every case? :-)

issue 2: Is it possible to give an information to the LIVE INGEST that the LIVE INGEST can INGEST more than JPEG and RAW files? Maybe single .WAV files? Sometimes the sound file arrives a few seconds later on the FTP or in the hot folder as the JPEG/RAW. If the Live Ingest works well the JPEG is in the new destination folder but the .WAV still stucks in the hot folder.
Now it is only possible to transmit JPEG/RAW TOGETHER with the WAV but not the single WAV files.

I thought for this issue we can tag the field „Force JPEG wait“ but I can’t imagine a difference.
I hope it is understandable and somebody can help me :)

Best regards from Germany!
Lukas

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sound files / Live Ingest
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 10:29:21 AM »
Lukas,

The main problem is that Live Ingest waits for images to arrive and as soon as it sees that a file has stopped changing, it copies the files and removes them.  If a sound file arrives later then Live Ingest doesn't "see" a file that it belongs with.

Live Ingest was never designed to work with sound files that arrive at a later time.

-Kirk

Offline LSchulze93

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 10:43:27 AM »
Hey Kirk,

thanks for your quick answer.
But we don't know how to fix this problem. We are doing more and more remote editing in the german Bundesliga. Is it not possible that the Live Ingest can transmit the seperate soundfiles to the primary destination as well where it automatically will attched to the jpeg again?
The soundfiles are a key feature in the remote edit workflow.

Thanks for your effort:)
Lukas

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 11:04:00 AM »
Lukas,

thanks for your quick answer.
But we don't know how to fix this problem. We are doing more and more remote editing in the german Bundesliga. Is it not possible that the Live Ingest can transmit the seperate soundfiles to the primary destination as well where it automatically will attched to the jpeg again?
The soundfiles are a key feature in the remote edit workflow.

Like I said in my last post, Live Ingest was never designed to deal with sound files in the manner that you're using them.  We would have to add a feature that would remember what files were copied and how they were routed/renamed and when a sound file arrived at a later time it would use the base name of the sound file to determine where its "owner" went and then move the sound file there.

Live Ingest does not currently have such a feature and it is a hit or miss (subject to timing basically) whether sound files are processed along with their owner images.

-Kirk