Author Topic: Play audio file when multiple images selected in Contact Sheet  (Read 3247 times)

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (6890) | macOS 14.3
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
Play audio file when multiple images selected in Contact Sheet
« on: September 19, 2017, 07:51:55 AM »
Hey Kirk, I've got a feature request related to audio files.

When editing sports on deadline it can often be difficult to find the little audio icon in the contact sheet from within a batch of images from a single play. This can really slow things down when trying to batch caption images and get them out on deadline.

My feature request is the ability to play the audio file(s) from a group of selected images in the contact sheet by pressing the "A" key, just like when only a single image is selected. This action would trigger the playing of the audio file attached to any of the selected images.

Now the only wrinkle here would be what happens when there are multiple audio files, attached to different images, that got selected. I think it would be helpful to play them all sequentially, but I do think there should be some sort of auditory clue that a second clip is playing (versus just a really long single .wav).

Or maybe nothing happens if there are no audio files in the selection and you get the OS "alert sound" warning and nothing plays if multiple audio files are in the selection. Both of these actions would be helpful to me.

Please let me know what you think, I'm hoping this wouldn't be too hard to implement.

Thanks!
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Play audio file when multiple images selected in Contact Sheet
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 08:04:30 AM »
Kevin,

Interesting idea.  Not sure when we'd implement it.  We're feature-complete for PM6.

-Kirk

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (6890) | macOS 14.3
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 08:28:07 AM »
I understand, please keep it in mind if it wouldn't be too difficult to implement in the future, I know I'd use it on every single sports assignment.

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 03:33:12 PM »
I'm with Kevin. I had suggested this feature some time ago.  Would love to be able to select a batch of images and have all associated sound files played.

V6.0.1 feature would be fine ;)