Author Topic: 4.5 Beta Bugs  (Read 51387 times)

Offline Douglas Urner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
4.5 Beta Bugs
« on: March 19, 2007, 07:40:03 PM »
Is this the right place to be posting them?

In case it is . . .

Looking at a folder of DNGs and JPEGs with some XMP side cars thrown in I see the sidecar files are picked up in the contact sheet as if they were images.  Would be nice if they weren't since they take up quite a bit of real estate.

Doug

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
Re: 4.5 Beta Bugs
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 07:51:28 PM »
Under "VIEW" you can turn OFF the ability to view unknown image file (in your case I guess it's the XMP side car file)..so just turn that off...

dbr
Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713

Offline Paul Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 08:05:26 PM »
OK, I just opened a contact sheet from a folder of jpegs. All I get is a contact sheet of blank images with the filename and the color rating underneath. When I click on the info button in the bottom left corner of the thumbnail, the IPTC window comes up as normal and when closed the thumbnail is showing correctly.

Mac Dual G5; OS 10.4.9.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 08:10:39 PM »
Doug,

Is this the right place to be posting them?

In case it is . . .

Looking at a folder of DNGs and JPEGs with some XMP side cars thrown in I see the sidecar files are picked up in the contact sheet as if they were images.  Would be nice if they weren't since they take up quite a bit of real estate.

Like Delane said, you can turn that feature off.  But what you're seeing is XMP files that do not have an associated RAW file.  You can either hunt down their counterpart RAW files, or you can easily delete them altogether.  XMP files that have an associated RAW file will not show up in the Contact Sheet.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 08:13:09 PM »
Paul,

OK, I just opened a contact sheet from a folder of jpegs. All I get is a contact sheet of blank images with the filename and the color rating underneath. When I click on the info button in the bottom left corner of the thumbnail, the IPTC window comes up as normal and when closed the thumbnail is showing correctly.

Is this happening only with a specific set of files?  Or do all folders containing JPEGs exhibit this behavior?

If you would like to share an image or two with me then I can find out what is going on.  Contact me privately for server upload information.

-Kirk

Offline TonyField

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 08:48:04 PM »
If I drag and drop a JPG or CR2 finle onto the 4.5 beta, the contact sheet does not position and select the image nor does the image come up in the preview.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 09:22:43 PM »
If I drag and drop a JPG or CR2 finle onto the 4.5 beta, the contact sheet does not position and select the image nor does the image come up in the preview.

Everyone, when you post issues, please put the OS version you are running.

Drag and drop should not cause an image to come up in the Preview window.  It should however, cause the folder containing the images to open and the images should become selected.

Let me know what OS you are running and I'll see if I can reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline TonyField

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 09:27:05 PM »
Sorry,  I forgot :-)   The OS is Win XP Service pack 2.  2GB ram, 3.2 ghz processor.

Offline M2photo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 09:36:23 PM »
FYI: I'm using an intel Mac OS 10.4.9. PM will not load a previously saved (PM 4.3.3) .ipt file. When i'm in the stationary pad and try to load a saved .ipt file it stays grayed out. Thanks.

MM

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 10:38:27 PM »
MM,

FYI: I'm using an intel Mac OS 10.4.9. PM will not load a previously saved (PM 4.3.3) .ipt file. When i'm in the stationary pad and try to load a saved .ipt file it stays grayed out. Thanks.

In the meantime, you can drag and drop the IPT file onto the PM Application icon in the dock when the IPTC Stationery Pad is not open.  I'll get the load dialog filtering problem fixed.

-Kirk

Offline Josh_Hawkins

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 10:42:03 PM »
Kirk,

A few things when first trying the beta.

It runs slower, sometimes significantly.  (Powerbook G4 1.67ghz 1gb ram OS 10.3.9)  At a couple of points well pulling down menu items I click on the word, say "tools" and wait a few seconds for it to actually pull the menu down.  Also,it feels like it takes a good half second to respond to arrow key commands for moving around images.  The previous version was real quick in this regard.  This one is just killer to me. (folder of mixed jpegs from a 5d, CR2s from a 5d and NEFs from a D2h)

I'd like to keep the color class options for key commands.  Currently I press "4" I get yellow.  It's much more difficult to see the little stars than the nice obvious yellow bar.  Maybe even better, make it so when I press "4" I get the 4 stars but it also matches/displays it up with the yellow bar along with the 4 stars?  That way I can continue to use my current sorting method but when I get LR all that work will already have been taken care of?  Make sense?  The bar is just easier to see and I only need one organizational method.

Thanks.

Josh Hawkins

Offline BillyDix

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 01:21:10 PM »
Josh

All you need to do is go into tools select remap. Set your color to match your stars level.

Offline straightpipes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 02:32:04 PM »
Thank you for this great update.  One thing I noticed on the beta 4.5 is when I drag the program to the 2nd screen it jumps over to the right edge and partially on to the the other screen.  I can get the browser to stay on the 2nd screen sometimes but any moving of it makes it jump to the edge.  When I open any menu item it alway jumps to the initial screen.  I know this has happen in other versions and was fixed immediately.
I am running os 10.4.9 on a dual 1000 G4 with a 22 and 23 inch apple screen.
Cheers

Offline vasha

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 10:26:42 PM »
I would like an option to continue using color class as I used to as well.

A possible bug: I cannot use the shift + number key to set a color class on a photo on either of my macs.

Mac 17in powerbook G4 1.33mhz, 1.5 megs RAM OS 10.4.9
Mac mini core duo 1.83mhz, 1 gig RAM OS 10.4.9

Please consider giving us the option of using a single number key to set color class!

Thanks, the new 4.5 looks great!

Vasha Hunt

Offline vasha

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 10:59:36 PM »
I figured out my problem - it is not the shift key but the control key that combines with the numeric key to change color class (I should have read deeper into the forums, sorry!).

I do hope we will be able to choose what single numeric keys do (ie: to choose to use them as before instead of using the single key for star-based workflow) - I have been using the color codes for years and really don't want to add a layer of keyboard complexity to use my normal workflow.

Thanks for listening!

Vasha