Author Topic: 4.5B - Reducing displayed IPTC fields  (Read 4653 times)

Offline dell2405

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
4.5B - Reducing displayed IPTC fields
« on: March 19, 2007, 11:12:14 PM »
Hello,

I see a bunch of new fields were added in the IPTC stationary.  Is it possible to eliminate certain fields e.g. IPTC Scene, Contact fields.  The old IPTC pad was a lot smaller and displayed pretty commonly used fields without overtaking the laptop screen(12").  I resized the IPTC pad but have to scroll down to check other fields.  Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.5B - Reducing displayed IPTC fields
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 11:22:43 PM »
I see a bunch of new fields were added in the IPTC stationary.  Is it possible to eliminate certain fields e.g. IPTC Scene, Contact fields.  The old IPTC pad was a lot smaller and displayed pretty commonly used fields without overtaking the laptop screen(12").  I resized the IPTC pad but have to scroll down to check other fields.  Thanks.

No, it is not yet possible to customize the IPTC Info and IPTC Stationery Pad dialogs.  I plan to get that functionality into an early update to 4.5 (at no added expense to 4.5 users.)

-Kirk

Offline craig pulsifer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 07:30:38 AM »

No, it is not yet possible to customize the IPTC Info and IPTC Stationery Pad dialogs.  I plan to get that functionality into an early update to 4.5 (at no added expense to 4.5 users.)

-Kirk

Hi Kirk,

This is an old thread, but with the beta out, I'm wondering if there's still time to address it?  Having to scroll passed many unused fields when captioning adds error to my process; for instance, I'm constantly forgetting to update location field as i work through batches.

thanks,
Craig

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 08:49:13 AM »
Craig,

-Kirk

Hi Kirk,

This is an old thread, but with the beta out, I'm wondering if there's still time to address it?  Having to scroll passed many unused fields when captioning adds error to my process; for instance, I'm constantly forgetting to update location field as i work through batches.

Sorry, no.  We won't be adding customization in 4.5.x.x.

-Kirk