Author Topic: No save unless key fields are populated  (Read 2778 times)

Offline neil@dg28.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
No save unless key fields are populated
« on: October 09, 2017, 08:17:16 AM »
Would it be possible to have a way of stopping the IPTC Info from saving changes unless certain user-specified fields were populated? As a case in point, one agency has a specific requirement for a specific field to be populated and it causes all sorts of mayhem if an image is uploaded if that field is blank. I would like to be able to tell PM to stop me saving and pop up a warning is I try to save without adding text to that (or any other field I specify) field. Of course this would be turned off for all fields as a default and only turned on for specifically selected fields.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: No save unless key fields are populated
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 08:57:06 AM »
Neil,

Would it be possible to have a way of stopping the IPTC Info from saving changes unless certain user-specified fields were populated? As a case in point, one agency has a specific requirement for a specific field to be populated and it causes all sorts of mayhem if an image is uploaded if that field is blank. I would like to be able to tell PM to stop me saving and pop up a warning is I try to save without adding text to that (or any other field I specify) field. Of course this would be turned off for all fields as a default and only turned on for specifically selected fields.

Sure, it would be possible to add "forms validation" to the IPTC dialogs.  I don't know when it would be implemented, however.  PM6 is feature complete at this time.

-Kirk

Offline neil@dg28.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: No save unless key fields are populated
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 10:39:51 AM »
Thanks Kirk

You know that I'm a huge fan of the application anyway and so it would be great to get it added as and when you can.

Thanks

Neil