Author Topic: Applying IPTC stationary refresh  (Read 3415 times)

Offline TommyHilfig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Applying IPTC stationary refresh
« on: October 11, 2017, 01:57:22 PM »
Hi, i am currently using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 18980 (60d39ba) on macOS Sierra

I have set up my IPTC stationary pad and set a number of keywords.  One of these keywords is {persons} to take from the 'persons shown' field.

On initial ingest this is applied but there are no 'persons shown' as I will put this in when captioning.

My question is... is there a way to refresh IPTC stationary pad without clicking apply? when i click apply it deletes the person shown and overwrites it all with the original pad.  i want it to look at the added data of the person shown and add this to the keyword field as every photo may have a different person in it?  like a refresh type option.

i hope this makes sense as it is hard to describe, please ask questions to allow me to clarify anything

cheers

jon

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Applying IPTC stationary refresh
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 11:41:22 PM »
I'm not fully sure I understand you correctly, but perhaps this is what you can do to update the keywords with the (new) persons shown. Create a new stationary pad with just the keyword field filled with {persons} and then make sure the checkbox with the + is selected for the keywords field. Then apply that stationary, this should update just the keywords and leave everything else intact.

Does this help?

Tip: use the lightning bolt button to save and restore multiple versions of the stationary pad so you can switch between them real easy.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline TommyHilfig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 10:56:42 AM »
Sorry for the bad description...struggled to explain it... but it seems like you understood it... tried your suggestion and it works just great! 

thanks

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 02:09:18 PM »
Excellent, good to hear it worked ;D
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl