Author Topic: Tedious Task of Cataloging C1 and LR Images  (Read 3805 times)

Offline photoadele

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Deirdre Ryan Commercial and Editorial Photography
Tedious Task of Cataloging C1 and LR Images
« on: October 19, 2017, 09:48:15 AM »
Hello and thank you for letting me be a part of this forum.

I'm been using C1 Pro 10 since around February after using LR for quite a few years. I've decided to move my LR catalog over to C1 and now I need to start the tedious task of properly filling out everything. I started to 3 years ago, but there are many gaps.

Since I'm fairly new to C1, I have been doing my best to make sure that my catalog/sessions are correct. But I need PM to ensure this.

Can I import my files from C1 in PM, and then export them back into C1 with all of the edits? The same, can I import my LR files into PM with the edits, then export them into C1 with those edits from PM?

Thanks for your time and patience.
 :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Tedious Task of Cataloging C1 and LR Images
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 10:08:27 AM »

I'm been using C1 Pro 10 since around February after using LR for quite a few years. I've decided to move my LR catalog over to C1 and now I need to start the tedious task of properly filling out everything. I started to 3 years ago, but there are many gaps.

Since I'm fairly new to C1, I have been doing my best to make sure that my catalog/sessions are correct. But I need PM to ensure this.

Can I import my files from C1 in PM, and then export them back into C1 with all of the edits? The same, can I import my LR files into PM with the edits, then export them into C1 with those edits from PM?

There is no 'import to PM' part.  Instead you browse your folders (containing your images) with PM and PM works with them directly.  Metadata changes will either be made to the files themselves or to XMP sidecar files.  Once you've made your changes via PM, you'll have to instruct C1 to synchronize the metadata in the modified images with C1's copy in its database.

There are other threads in our forum that discuss the details of getting apps like C1 and LR to realize that files have been updated.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline photoadele

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Deirdre Ryan Commercial and Editorial Photography
Re: Tedious Task of Cataloging C1 and LR Images
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 11:14:45 AM »
That's what I meant browsing the folders, etc. Sorry ;)
Thanks for your help, I was looking in the forum for a similar question like mine and wasn't able to find it.
This is going to take a loooong time LOL

There is no 'import to PM' part.  Instead you browse your folders (containing your images) with PM and PM works with them directly.  Metadata changes will either be made to the files themselves or to XMP sidecar files.  Once you've made your changes via PM, you'll have to instruct C1 to synchronize the metadata in the modified images with C1's copy in its database.

There are other threads in our forum that discuss the details of getting apps like C1 and LR to realize that files have been updated.

HTH,

-Kirk