Author Topic: Live Ingest - different IPTC-Info  (Read 2345 times)

Offline wazlafinet

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Live Ingest - different IPTC-Info
« on: October 26, 2017, 10:02:19 AM »
Hi,

I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 18729 (fc44301) and I run Mac OS X 10.12.6 on my Intel-based Mac

My question:
As a photo-editor for a large photo agency I get photos from several photographers at the same time via the Live Ingest function - which works great!
However, I need to use customized IPTC-infos for each photographer (especially different photographers name, and personalized photographers 2digic-code)

How can I assign different infos to the ingested photos?
E.G. Info with details of „photographer 1“ to Live-Ingest folder „A“ and Info-details of „photographer 2“ to Live-Ingest folder „B“

Thanks for your help!

Best regards from Austria,
Markus

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Live Ingest - different IPTC-Info
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 11:28:45 AM »
Markus,

My question:
As a photo-editor for a large photo agency I get photos from several photographers at the same time via the Live Ingest function - which works great!
However, I need to use customized IPTC-infos for each photographer (especially different photographers name, and personalized photographers 2digic-code)

How can I assign different infos to the ingested photos?
E.G. Info with details of "photographer 1" to Live-Ingest folder "A" and Info-details of "photographer 2" to Live-Ingest folder "B"

Generally one would use the {serialnum} variable and Code Replacement in the IPTC Stationery Pad to customize those details.  Assuming each photographer is using a camera with a known serial number, one could create a Code Replacement file with the serial number of each camera being the 'code' and their details as the replacements.

012345[tab]Photographer 1 Name[tab]Other details about Photographer 1[tab]etc.
543210[tab]Photographer 2 Name[tab]Other details about Photographer 2[tab]etc.

Then in the IPTC Stationery Pad you use your code replacement delimiter ( for example the equals sign: = ) and the {serialnum} variable.  For example in the Photographers field you could enter:

={serialnum}#1=

Then when a photo is found with a matching serial number in your Code Replacement file, the photographer's name will be inserted.

Here is the documentation:

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Speeding_Up_Captioning

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline wazlafinet

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Live Ingest - different IPTC-Info
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 12:47:30 AM »
Kirk,

thank you very much for your fast answer! Great!

Best,
Markus