Author Topic: IPTC Batch import from csv : brace issue {} as they are used for variables  (Read 1932 times)

Offline evevansoens

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hello Camerabits,
I can never thank you enough for having delivered this amazing software....
Everything works great but I have a problem.
I am about to migrate 450.000 from a DAM to a MAM.
2 years ago, we decided to embed ALL metadata inside image files to allow their publication and use on all the platforms used by numerous coleagues.
This means that all the Instructions and tems of use are now stored in the image file and no longer in some damn database.
(publish-start, publish-end, image public or for internal use, featured asset for when a photo reportage is presented as as a stack etc.)
Of course, we have developed tools to write those information in the image IPTCs.
I was able to very easily overwrite existing metadata with data coming from the database (saved in csv format, tab separated) for older pictures.
My issue is the following.
Some of the Instructions we created write the following in the IPTC Instructions field
{"featured":true,"embargo":"EMB_right"}
You can see that we are also using these braces.
I would like to find a way to copy these using the code replacement
Is there a way?  using quotes for example to "isolate" this value.
In other words, is there a way to consider this as a text value ?
I know I already these brace issue a while ago but maybe there is a workaround ?
Also, I also noticed that on a window machine, those values ({"featured":true,"embargo":"EMB_VISITORS"} ) are visible (not the case on a mac)
As I did not find any answer on the internet, maybe you could help.

Thanks a million
Best
Eve

Offline evevansoens

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: IPTC Batch import from csv : brace issue {} as they are used for variables
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 04:48:27 AM »
Here is a printscreen from Bridge as photomechanic on mac won't display this information....