Author Topic: FTP error code  (Read 3306 times)

Offline tsooter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FTP error code
« on: November 05, 2017, 08:32:37 PM »
I have P.M. 5.0 Build 18980 on both my Windows desktop computer and MacBook Air running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.  I have a FTP connection set up exactly the same on both computers and the Windows computer exports the files just fine but I'm getting an error on the Mac.  It reads "error:  Failed all attempts to rename file for Dropbox transfer:  550 permission denied" when I attempt to send he files.

Any thoughts to why I'm experiencing this issue or how to fix it?  I can't even see that I have Dropbox installed on the MacBook.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP error code
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:01:28 AM »
I have P.M. 5.0 Build 18980 on both my Windows desktop computer and MacBook Air running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.  I have a FTP connection set up exactly the same on both computers and the Windows computer exports the files just fine but I'm getting an error on the Mac.  It reads "error:  Failed all attempts to rename file for Dropbox transfer:  550 permission denied" when I attempt to send he files.

Any thoughts to why I'm experiencing this issue or how to fix it?  I can't even see that I have Dropbox installed on the MacBook.

PM isn't trying to upload the the "Dropbox" service.  A dropbox is a folder that can be written to but cannot be read from.

The code that uploads on macOS is the same code as is used on the Windows version.  Are you certain that all settings are exactly the same?

-Kirk

Offline tsooter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 08:30:37 AM »
I have held the MacBook up right beside the Desktop and made sure every single setting is the same under the FTP portion. 

Dropbox isn't even an option in the FTP portion of P.M., which makes it even stranger.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 09:23:01 AM »
I have held the MacBook up right beside the Desktop and made sure every single setting is the same under the FTP portion. 

Dropbox isn't even an option in the FTP portion of P.M., which makes it even stranger.

For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2800 option 2

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline tsooter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 10:09:44 AM »
I have done so, thank you sir.