Author Topic: Star and Colour rating stopped working?  (Read 3161 times)

Offline AlistairHeap

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Star and Colour rating stopped working?
« on: November 06, 2017, 05:37:33 AM »
Hi PM won't let me add a star or colour rating to my pictures. This has just happened today. When I go to the stars they highlight but won't stay on, same with colour selection. Any ideas how to fix this? I'm upto date with PM on a Mac 10.10.5

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Star and Colour rating stopped working?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:02:37 AM »
Alistair,

Hi PM won't let me add a star or colour rating to my pictures. This has just happened today. When I go to the stars they highlight but won't stay on, same with colour selection. Any ideas how to fix this? I'm upto date with PM on a Mac 10.10.5

Do you have write privileges on the images?  What kind of images are you working with?  On what kind of drive are they stored?

-Kirk

Offline AlistairHeap

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 09:55:13 AM »
Hi
They are Nef files. They are on my main drive in the computer, not on an external drive.
It's only pictures in this one set of folders all other folders as I can find seem fine.
I've checked the files directly in the folder and I have read and write permissions .
I can add the star rating in Lightroom without a problem but it doesn't show the star rating change in PM.
This has me stumped?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 12:24:20 PM »
Hi
They are Nef files. They are on my main drive in the computer, not on an external drive.
It's only pictures in this one set of folders all other folders as I can find seem fine.
I've checked the files directly in the folder and I have read and write permissions .
I can add the star rating in Lightroom without a problem but it doesn't show the star rating change in PM.
This has me stumped?

For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2800 option 2

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]