Author Topic: quick way of reading keywords?  (Read 2297 times)

Offline guill69f

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
quick way of reading keywords?
« on: November 06, 2017, 12:49:59 PM »
Hi everyone, I am halfway through the PM trial period and I am really impressed by this software. I have tried different user cases and haven't been facing a situation the program couldn't handle. One question though: is there a quick way to read the keywords associated to a picture? For the time being, I open a picture in the preview panel, click the "Info" button to open IPTC info and move from one photo to another with the left/right arrows. Is there a better way?

thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: quick way of reading keywords?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 12:57:09 PM »
Hi everyone, I am halfway through the PM trial period and I am really impressed by this software. I have tried different user cases and haven't been facing a situation the program couldn't handle. One question though: is there a quick way to read the keywords associated to a picture? For the time being, I open a picture in the preview panel, click the "Info" button to open IPTC info and move from one photo to another with the left/right arrows. Is there a better way?

Yes.  See: http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Info_Panel
http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Image_Variables

You'll want to add the {keywords} variable to your Info Text which is displayed in the Preview dialog.  Put it near the top.  Then you'll see the keywords at a glance as you're previewing images.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline guill69f

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: quick way of reading keywords?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 01:19:35 PM »
Brilliant  :D
I read about the configurability of this info panel last week when I read the manual but couldn't remember how to do it. Thanks!