Author Topic: Incremental Ingest not working  (Read 2581 times)

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
Incremental Ingest not working
« on: November 09, 2017, 11:47:54 AM »
What would cause this not to work?  PM seems to have lost track of what it has ingested off a card.   

I think I'm on the third duplicate ingest of the same files -- this time I made 100% sure the incremental ingest box was checked.   The card does have a file on there called .pimingest.dat -- with a timestamp of when I started my latest inges (which is still running) -- so it's probably not a  write error to the card.

After years of using 8, 16 and 32 GB cards, I sprung for some 256 GB cards to simplify travel.  I don't want to reformat until the images are downloaded and copied to three different places.  As a result, there are a lot of images on these cards that are being repeatedly ingested.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Incremental Ingest not working
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 12:55:08 PM »
What would cause this not to work?  PM seems to have lost track of what it has ingested off a card.   

I think I'm on the third duplicate ingest of the same files -- this time I made 100% sure the incremental ingest box was checked.   The card does have a file on there called .pimingest.dat -- with a timestamp of when I started my latest inges (which is still running) -- so it's probably not a  write error to the card.

After years of using 8, 16 and 32 GB cards, I sprung for some 256 GB cards to simplify travel.  I don't want to reformat until the images are downloaded and copied to three different places.  As a result, there are a lot of images on these cards that are being repeatedly ingested.

For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2800 option 2

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]