Author Topic: How to save tagged search results  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Jan Normandale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to save tagged search results
« on: November 09, 2017, 11:54:04 PM »
I’m running a mac Pro Quad core Intel Xeon E5 with OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
I have Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 18040 (9e75cf5)
Screenshot is attached as recommended

I have searched the forum for some indication of saved search results and had no luck. So I’m posting this question with a preamble

I have performed a search of keyworded images and now have selected a number of those images from the set and tagged them. Next I have selected the “show tagged” function to retain and show only the tagged / selected keepers.

Now I would like to save the results so I can return without losing my selected images. How do I save the tagged images so I can return to the selected results when I turn my computer back on tomorrow.

Help’s appreciated, thanks!

Jan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to save tagged search results
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 07:31:37 AM »
Use the Save Selection... and Load Selection... commands on the Edit menu to save your selection and later load it again.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Edit_Menu

Save/Load Selection: Saves out a text file with a list of the currently selected images. Load the text file to reselect the same images. This could be useful if you were to be sent a folder of images to make a selection from - just make the selection, save the selection and then you only need to return the selection text file, not the whole folder of images.

You'll have to perform your search again in order to get the same set of files loaded into your contact sheet, then use the Load Selection command to select them.

-Kirk

Offline Jan Normandale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: How to save tagged search results
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 09:21:18 AM »
Thanks for the help Kirk, appreciated