Author Topic: Quick Method to Drag Images Through a Contact Sheet  (Read 3359 times)

Offline David Roth

• View Profile
Quick Method to Drag Images Through a Contact Sheet
« on: November 17, 2017, 02:52:30 PM »
I usually start arranging my images in capture time order. I've been grouping images taken in different locations into separate contact sheets to minimize the number of images I need to work with at one time. Even so, I can still end up with several hundred images in one contact sheet. If I want to bring together images taken on different days, I find myself dragging the selected images over many pictures. I also create title slides from some images in an external editor and save them back into the contact sheet directory. These always appear at the end of the contact sheet and require that I drag them back over many images also. I know that holding the cursor nearer to the top or bottom of the contact sheet speeds the scrolling process, but I still find that this is not quick enough.

Is there a way to drag and drop these images more quickly or to insert them at a particular point?

Thanks.

Impatient

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Quick Method to Drag Images Through a Contact Sheet
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 04:58:01 PM »
David,

I usually start arranging my images in capture time order. I've been grouping images taken in different locations into separate contact sheets to minimize the number of images I need to work with at one time. Even so, I can still end up with several hundred images in one contact sheet. If I want to bring together images taken on different days, I find myself dragging the selected images over many pictures. I also create title slides from some images in an external editor and save them back into the contact sheet directory. These always appear at the end of the contact sheet and require that I drag them back over many images also. I know that holding the cursor nearer to the top or bottom of the contact sheet speeds the scrolling process, but I still find that this is not quick enough.

Is there a way to drag and drop these images more quickly or to insert them at a particular point?

Have you tried pressing the Home or End keys?  (I haven't tried it but those keys move instantly to the top and bottom of the contact sheet.)

-Kirk

Offline David Roth

• View Profile
Re: Quick Method to Drag Images Through a Contact Sheet
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 10:16:47 AM »
I've tried those and Ctrl, Shift, and Alt to no avail (page up and page down too).

DR