Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Lightroom replacement

(1/2) > >>

Luiz Muzzi:
Hi, everyone
In your opinion, what would be the ideal replacement for Lightroom having in mind compatibility with Photo Mechanic.
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Regards,
-Luiz Muzzi

Soizic:
I work with PM and CaptureOne, all is OK.

Kirk Baker:
Luiz,

It is my understanding that a lot of people use PM in conjunction with Photoshop/ACR if they don't need to do a lot of RAW adjustments, skipping Lr for the most part.

-Kirk

mbbphoto:
To expand on what Kirk said...
If you only do minimal adjusting then going to Photoshop works fine.
Capture one is the only other solution I would trust and most people swear by its skin tone and shadow fidelity but it is IMHO not as fast for processing large quantities of varying images.
Tethered portraiture, still life and architecture is when I use C1...
Marc

FxRphoto:
Hi Luis,

I just set a new workflow with Photo Mechanic, Iridient Developer (for RAW files), Affinity Photo and/or Google Nik collection (Macphun Luminar works fine too, or Pixelmator...), in replacement of Lightroom. It works very fine, the quality of the files generated with Iridient Developer is stunning. Actually, it is even both lighter and speedier, my images have a greater definition and PM is a perfect tool to manage a huge quantity of images without using a lot of system memory, but you already know that.

You just need to keep in mind that every software have their skills and weaknesses, and the perceptive results may differ a bit. 

Lightroom is a good software but the subscription plan is simply not possible, and the heavy cataloging system don't suits everyone.

Fx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version