Author Topic: PM crash and loss of master keywords etc  (Read 3935 times)

Offline Hhill

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM crash and loss of master keywords etc
« on: March 21, 2007, 06:30:20 AM »
I'm still in Demo mode Kirk, and had an app crash which has erased out all my master keywords and stored field entries (cities, states, objects, categories, sources - you name it ..).  Would they by any chance be recoverable anywhere?

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM crash and loss of master keywords etc
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 06:47:50 AM »
I'm still in Demo mode Kirk, and had an app crash which has erased out all my master keywords and stored field entries (cities, states, objects, categories, sources - you name it ..).  Would they by any chance be recoverable anywhere?

It would be helpful to know what OS you are running so I can tell you what you might do.

-Kirk

Offline Hhill

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 10:59:56 AM »
Mac OS 10.4.9. 
I've pasted from old fields but since I didn't make a snapshot, I guess its lost? 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 11:29:38 AM »
Mac OS 10.4.9. 
I've pasted from old fields but since I didn't make a snapshot, I guess its lost? 

The lists for various fields (the ones you edit from the popup menu to the right of each field) are stored in the Photo Mechanic preferences file.  The file is titled 'com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.plist' and can be found in the Library/Preferences path starting with your Home folder.

If you want to send me that file, I'll take a look at it.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 04:08:59 PM »
Kirk,

Here is a copy of com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.plist. I have already pasted most of the old fields back into the main list but I'd rather avoid having to do this once again if you can show me how's best to preserve them should I have another crash. [note: I downloaded it and removed your original posting just in case there was something in your preferences file that you might not have wanted to share with others.]

By the way, I've come to the conclusion PM is a great app for my purposes so I'll be buying the full version when my time's nearly up on the demo so thanks for bearing with me, but - any idea why the year format changes from the 4 digits in PM to 2 digits in PS (CS) File Info?  Maybe it's because I'm not on CS2?

Thank you.