Author Topic: PM5 R18980 Version Very Slow  (Read 2469 times)

Offline RETR_CB_Forum

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM5 R18980 Version Very Slow
« on: December 02, 2017, 09:20:48 AM »
Hello I'm using PM5 R18980 on Windows 10 Home 64bit x64-based processor Version 1709 OS Build 162299.64.  The C Drive containing the OS & Program files is an SSD and I store my data files on the D Drive  an HDD.  I upgraded to R18980 about a week ago and it worked fine then.  Approx 2 days ago Windows was updated to the latest build. Earlier today I removed Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 having been dual-running this with Photoshop CC 2018.  I also uninstalled the 2015 CC version of Lightroom having again been dual running this with the latest CC version since October.  I open images in Photoshop directly from PM when I'm using PM. So that is the system.

Today I opened PM and found that it was very slow to respond in certain circumstances:

• On initial launch it takes about 30 seconds to get to the first dialog where I'm asked to choose a folder for the contact sheet [during this time I get program not responding message intermitently]
    When I next select the contact sheet folder it takes about 24 seconds for the contact sheet to open
    When I go to File->Copy/Move Photos... and then select the ellipsis for "copy to this folder" it take about 24 seconds to open the dialog and another 25 second to return having selected the folder

Other functions react as normal.  So it seems to be a problem when PM interacts with windows file explorer.  I don't get this issue with Windows file explorer when I use it as normal to navigate or when I'm using the file open function in Photoshop.

Any ideas on fixing this?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM5 R18980 Version Very Slow
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 03:42:30 PM »
Hello I'm using PM5 R18980 on Windows 10 Home 64bit x64-based processor Version 1709 OS Build 162299.64.  The C Drive containing the OS & Program files is an SSD and I store my data files on the D Drive  an HDD.  I upgraded to R18980 about a week ago and it worked fine then.  Approx 2 days ago Windows was updated to the latest build. Earlier today I removed Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 having been dual-running this with Photoshop CC 2018.  I also uninstalled the 2015 CC version of Lightroom having again been dual running this with the latest CC version since October.  I open images in Photoshop directly from PM when I'm using PM. So that is the system.

Today I opened PM and found that it was very slow to respond in certain circumstances:

• On initial launch it takes about 30 seconds to get to the first dialog where I'm asked to choose a folder for the contact sheet [during this time I get program not responding message intermitently]
    When I next select the contact sheet folder it takes about 24 seconds for the contact sheet to open
    When I go to File->Copy/Move Photos... and then select the ellipsis for "copy to this folder" it take about 24 seconds to open the dialog and another 25 second to return having selected the folder

Other functions react as normal.  So it seems to be a problem when PM interacts with windows file explorer.  I don't get this issue with Windows file explorer when I use it as normal to navigate or when I'm using the file open function in Photoshop.

Any ideas on fixing this?

Yes, please get the latest build of PM5.  http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=11211.0

-Kirk

Offline RETR_CB_Forum

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM5 R18980 Version Very Slow
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 01:24:52 AM »
 :) Great that worked a treat.  What fantastic support - brilliant!