Author Topic: Sorting options using variables  (Read 2181 times)

Offline FxRphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Sorting options using variables
« on: December 04, 2017, 06:47:56 AM »
Hello,

Is it possible, using variables, to specify the type of files one wants to sort. For instance, only the TIFF files or TIFF files first.
I get to do it with RAW+JPEG files (there is a specific variable, actually), and using the {type} variable, I can sort by file type. But I cannot get to specify the extension I want to see first.

Regards,
Fx

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sorting options using variables
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 08:46:14 AM »
Hello,

Is it possible, using variables, to specify the type of files one wants to sort. For instance, only the TIFF files or TIFF files first.
I get to do it with RAW+JPEG files (there is a specific variable, actually), and using the {type} variable, I can sort by file type. But I cannot get to specify the extension I want to see first.

{filename:-3} should extract the three letter extension on each of the filenames.  They'll be sorted in alphabetical order.

-Kirk

Offline FxRphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 09:35:13 AM »
Thank you for your answer Kirk.
I'm going to try that.
Fx

Offline FxRphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 05:29:22 AM »
I tried your solution, but it works rather like the {type} variable.
I would like to seclude the TIFF files from others, or even display them on top of the contact sheet, regardless of the alphabetical order.

For now, I can Use the {rawplusjpeg} variable and reverse the order so the TIFF files in a particular folder will display first.
It works perfectly, insofar that I have only RAW+JPEG and TIFF files by folder.

I need to learn a lot more about the use of variables, but it is really a powerful function.
Thanks again.

Regards,
Fx