Author Topic: Photo Mechanic Cache folder issue  (Read 2699 times)

Offline pripir

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Photo Mechanic Cache folder issue
« on: December 06, 2017, 04:26:38 PM »
Hi,

I have tried to change location of the Photo Mechanic Cache folder. I wanted change the location to different, faster SSD drive. I've changed the location in Preferences window, when I closed Photo Mechanic, I've got pop up window asking me do I want to move, delete and leave (I think) Cache folder. I've decided to click delete that folder. After that I can't launch the Photo Mechanic. I get Windows error message "Photo Mechanic 5.0.0.0 has stopped working..." (see attached screenshot).

I've used the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to restore the Photo Mechanic Cache folder. I put that folder back, first in old location/drive then in the new location (SSD drive), no success :( still can't launch the Photo Mechanic 5.

Is there anything I can do to fix the issue or do I have to reinstall the Photo Mechanic 5? If I have to reinstall it, can you point an instruction page, please?

Cheers,
Rafal

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photo Mechanic Cache folder issue
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 07:51:37 PM »
Rafal,

I have tried to change location of the Photo Mechanic Cache folder. I wanted change the location to different, faster SSD drive. I've changed the location in Preferences window, when I closed Photo Mechanic, I've got pop up window asking me do I want to move, delete and leave (I think) Cache folder. I've decided to click delete that folder. After that I can't launch the Photo Mechanic. I get Windows error message "Photo Mechanic 5.0.0.0 has stopped working..." (see attached screenshot).

I've used the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to restore the Photo Mechanic Cache folder. I put that folder back, first in old location/drive then in the new location (SSD drive), no success :( still can't launch the Photo Mechanic 5.

Is there anything I can do to fix the issue or do I have to reinstall the Photo Mechanic 5? If I have to reinstall it, can you point an instruction page, please?

For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2800 option 2

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline pripir

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 09:27:26 PM »
I thought this is Camerabits' Support forum ;)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 10:09:26 PM »
I thought this is Camerabits' Support forum ;)

I expect your problem will require some interactive troubleshooting to fix.  The forums are not very interactive.

-Kirk