Author Topic: Editing to Lightroom Errors  (Read 2101 times)

Offline bobgall

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Editing to Lightroom Errors
« on: December 10, 2017, 12:41:00 PM »
I am running PM build 19094, I have a Mac Pro (Tower) running OS 10.12.6, and Lightroom Classic.  I am having a problem editing to Lightroom.  I get an error "Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo".  No other information.  But in essence I cannot edit to LR any longer.  This issue seems to be related to the latest LR update, when they went to "Classic".  I also updated your build.  So I don't know which may be the culprit.  But I need to get this fixed quickly.  I shoot about 6 to 7 events a week (Sports and other High School productions).  If I have to abandon PM it will slow my workflow by a factor of 2x.
Any idea what's going on?
Thanks, Bob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Editing to Lightroom Errors
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 01:36:11 PM »
I suggest a test: take a file directly off the camera and copy it to a folder on your hard drive via the Finder.  Once copied, try to open it with Lr.  If it fails, then PM is not likely the culprit because in this test PM was not involved.  If it succeeds, then browse the folder you just copied your image into with PM.  Make no changes to the image.  Try and use Lr as an editor with that image.  If it fails, then it may be that Lr is not responding well to the 'open' command that PM is sending it.  Try drag and drop from PM to Lr instead.

Beyond that for a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2800 option 2

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline bobgall

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Editing to Lightroom Errors
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 05:06:54 PM »
First, thanks for the speedy response.  You guys and the guy at EZ Green Screen are my most reliable companies.
I tried a more controlled test, and I've concluded LR is the bad actor here.  The simple solution is to restart LR before attempting an "edit in".  I must say this current version of LR, AKA LR Classic is the bugyist I can remember.  There are a number of hangups on various processes, this being one of them.
Thanks again for a great product and great support.
Bob
Bob Gall Images