Author Topic: Changing colour class when editing externally  (Read 1899 times)

Offline mathewfarrell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Changing colour class when editing externally
« on: December 17, 2017, 02:12:50 AM »
The newspaper I work at uses PM to collate and edit our pictures. We send our selects to Photoshop for retouching.

We use a script within Photoshop which flattens the image, saves it as a JPG and appends the filename. Back within Photomechanic, these retouched images automatically have their colour class labels changed (to #6, retouched). This colour class change is no longer occurring. I can't figure out if this change was originated in our Photoshop script, or if it was something that Photomechanic did when it saw a retouched file came back in.

To help me troubleshoot this issue, is an automatic colour class change something that could be originated in Photomechanic? I'm simultaneously investigating this from the Photoshop/Script side.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Changing colour class when editing externally
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 07:44:05 AM »
The newspaper I work at uses PM to collate and edit our pictures. We send our selects to Photoshop for retouching.

We use a script within Photoshop which flattens the image, saves it as a JPG and appends the filename. Back within Photomechanic, these retouched images automatically have their colour class labels changed (to #6, retouched). This colour class change is no longer occurring. I can't figure out if this change was originated in our Photoshop script, or if it was something that Photomechanic did when it saw a retouched file came back in.

To help me troubleshoot this issue, is an automatic colour class change something that could be originated in Photomechanic? I'm simultaneously investigating this from the Photoshop/Script side.

PM won't automatically change a color class on a photo.  It can be changed by applying the IPTC Stationery Pad (in bulk) or individually via mouse clicks or hot keys.

-Kirk